June 2013 Moms
Options

who's doing elf on a shelf this year??

I bought our elf last year and I kinda feel my 13 year old and 7 year old are too old for it. I never started it, but want to start a tradition for Owen. Just curious who is doing it this year for their lo's. If you've already started it, care to share your picture??

Maybe we should do an elf on the shelf thread. :)

Re: who's doing elf on a shelf this year??

• Options
    What is elf on the shelf exactly? Is it a fun way to count down to Christmas or something?

imageimageimage

• Options
    Not me. That thing creeps me out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not this year, not next year, not any year

• Options
    We aren't but apparently it's very successful at daycare :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    We thought about it, but later when dd is old enough to enjoy it
  • Options
    Am I the only one that plans on doing this?? Heck yes to bribe my children to behave! Haha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a version for dd, but DS is far too young to understand.
  • Options
    I love elf on a shelf hahaha I am for sure doing it when MJ is a little older
  • Options
    I never thought we'd do it because he creeps me out.  Then daycare started having him visit during naps and Aiden thought he was SO awesome that I had to get it.  One of a million things to cave on to make your kid happy, I guess :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

Am I the only one that plans on doing this?? Heck yes to bribe my children to behave! Haha!

I'm doing it not really a bribe I just think it will be fun. Dd is not quite 2 1/2 so she seems confused. She told me she wants a 'betar' guitar from Santa so I told her to tell the elf and she said no he no talk which meAnt he's not real. I think it will be fun to hid him and let her find him every night. I think she's still young for it but what the hell.

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• Options
    I really want one! I know she won't be old enough for a while but I like the idea of starting from the first year and just have him sit on our book case until she's old enough.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    Yeah, i know Owen if way to little, obviously; but If I'm gonna start the tradition I'd like to start now so he has a picture in his baby book of his first Christmas with it.

idk, we are moving too, so really i more then likely won't have time this year.

I like the idea about it just sitting on our shelf until Owen is older and understands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"