Trouble TTC
Options

Tired of family feedback..(BFP mentioned, not mine)

How do you deal with insensitive in-laws? Mine can be the most loving and supportive bunch, but they are also extremely old fashioned and thick-headed.

During dinner last night (one that I worked 3 days to prepare), a cousin called as soon as I put the first carrot in my mouth. She's PG and due on my birthday! I got very emotional very quick. It's hard to hear. It's not that I'm not happy for her, I just feel sorry for myself.

Long story short, my in-laws feel that I'm being overly sensitive, ridiculous, and that I'm young and need to "relax". They want to know if I'm now going to avoid family functions because of this news. You can't make this up folks. I cannot believe their nerve.

How do you deal with this? Through tears, I stood up for myself, but I feel that they are totally out of place.

Re: Tired of family feedback..(BFP mentioned, not mine)

• Options
    Ouch. That was pretty cold of them. I am sorry. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options

I am so sorry this happened.  My MIL and FIL say stupid stuff all the time so I just decided that I would hold any and all info from everyone.  I don't say a word and if they ask me anything I just say we are still deciding what is best for us.  They are nice people they just don't get the pain that goes with all this.

And please go ahead and be sad!  Like you said, you are happy for her but sad for you.  No one can tell you that isn't okay.  I have several cousins who are now married and I am sure someone is going to get KU soon.  I just keep thinking - I will be happy for them and then be sad for me at home. 

((HUGS))

Me: 35   DH:  29

TTC:  Since 10-31-2007

Dx:  Me: PCOS, an-ovulation    DH:  Nothing so far

2007-2011 - Tried Clomid, Ovidrel Trigger with TI -BFN

11/2013 - back to RE for new plan.

Cycle 1: Letrozole cd3-7; U/S cd12 (27mm left); ovidrel trigger; progesterone test and suppositories - BFN

HSG- 12/16/13 - clear and "Beautiful" per Dr. Attaran

Cycle 2- Letrozole cd3-7, ovidrel trigger, progesterone test and suppositories-BFN

BENCHED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, especially during the holidays. I learned to deal by not telling my MIL anything anymore. I don't think she has bad intentions, I think she's just thick headed and has her own way of thinking. You tried to confide in your in-laws as I tried to confide in mine and in the end we ended up feeling miserable... we really need to be choosy with who we confide in, especially dealing with such strong feelings. 

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"