July 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Let's hear 'em!
image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I'm about to have a slice of pecan pie for breakfast. With DS I developed GD so had to be really careful with my diet. By the end I would have killed for a sticky bun. I fully expect my pancreas to give up on me again so I'm enjoying sugar in my coffee and dessert while I can.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tourqeyes said:
    Sometimes I lie and say I have to stay at work late so that I can go out to dinner with a friend and not have to pick DS up from my MIL/mom's house.

I just need an adult meal & conversation every once in a while, you know?
    You are my hero. 
  • Options
    @tourqeyes Wouldn't they understand that you need grownup time? 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I think they would, but I feel bad (which makes me an even bigger douchebag for lying) because they watch him for free 3 days a week and when I don't pick him up he has to stay at their house an extra two hours before DH is able to pick him up.

• Options
    We had a family member make a facebook announcement yesterday. My one cousin who knows about my pregnancy, took the opportunity to announce at her table that'll it so great to have 2 babies born into the family this summer (meaning mine) and I started getting congratulatory emails. 

I'm annoyed but realize in the grand scheme of things it's not really a big deal. I had no plans of making an "official" announcement this pregnancy. Just mentioning it whenever it was obvious (in person, whenever I saw the people) They're just not my style. Anyways, I'm annoyed at the emails, so I decided to respond to other's excitement with completely bitchy "offended" responses. I think everyone is afraid of me today. 

• Options
    tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited November 2013
    I'm always full of FFFC....

I sent the obnoxiously loud toys to my in-laws house today with DS. They can keep them, I don't want them.

ETA: And the toy that I got him for his birthday so loud and annoyed me to no end. I hid it in the closet even though it was one of his favorites. That one can go to one of his grandparent's house too.

• Options
    tourqeyes said:
    I think they would, but I feel bad (which makes me an even bigger douchebag for lying) because they watch him for free 3 days a week and when I don't pick him up he has to stay at their house an extra two hours before DH is able to pick him up.
    Well I'm not a mom yet but fwiw I don't think you should feel bad. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I took most of the Thanksgiving leftovers to work today. I hope DH Is not disappointed when there is no mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, or green bean casserole for him to eat tonight.

• Options
    I had my jeans completely unzipped at dinner last night, not just unbuttoned. I had my shirt pulled over the zipper and a napkin in my lap, but my FIL kept giving me funny looks. I'm thinking maybe I had a big gap in the back? Oh well, it needed to happen

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I got LAID!!!!

This is a big deal b/c DH has been terrified to have sex with me every since we found out we were KU. We are at his parents house and the mood struck him last night after he googled that he couldn't do anything to our little peanut (Silly DH). All I can say is mmmm SEX!

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    tourqeyes said:
    Yum.
    Quite frankly, I can't blame her. That's all I wanted for Thanksgiving dinner too. 
  • Options
    Huahine said:

I'm about to have a slice of pecan pie for breakfast.

With DS I developed GD so had to be really careful with my diet. By the end I would have killed for a sticky bun. I fully expect my pancreas to give up on me again so I'm enjoying sugar in my coffee and dessert while I can.

I've had kind of the same outlook. I feel another GD diagnosis is inevitable, so I'm fully enjoying some sweets right now. Oh, and carbs. All the carbs.

image image
  • Options
    @biglewzer great now I really want some pancakes! Or eggo waffles...mmmmm

imageimageimage
  • Options
    mamakiss said:
    My FFFC: if you're rude to a barista, you get decaffed. It's a universal phenomenon. Be nice! :)
    I don't drink coffee, but OMG this is awesome. I LOVE this. 
  • Options
    LOL! That's funny. I'm assuming you are a barista mama?

• Options
    tourqeyes said:

LOL! That's funny. I'm assuming you are a barista mama?

Indeed :o) I've worked for 2 different companies and several stores writhin one of them and everyone does it! Haha
  • Options
    I have another.  Over the past week or so I've seen more than a few posts that contain the words "My H won't let me eat or drink ______ " or some variation.  And this annoys me to no end.  How is that your husband "allows" you to do anything?  Like what is that?  I do what I want.  My husband trusts me enough to know that I am not going to do anything to harm the child we have or the one I am carrying.  I am not some dumb "little woman" that needs to be told what I can and can't consume. And I'm talking about stuff like soda or sweets or a sip of champagne.  What the actual fuck is that?  It makes me very ranty.  Obviously.
    Do people mean this literally?  Their husband literally will not let them eat/drink something?  I assumed it was in a playful way that their husband is overly worried about them eating lunch meat or drinking coffee.  In that case, I think it's kind of cute.  People don't actually let their husbands tell them what to do, right?  RIGHT?

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Options
    FFFC:  My SIL's dog crapped on our living room rug on Thanksgiving.  I've been wanting a new rug for awhile now.  I'm thrilled!

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• Options
    This one might rub some people the wrong way (especially because I have no kids yet and know how easy parenting is until you actually have kids), but I think Elf on a Shelf is manipulative and kind of creepy. I am seeing all these FB posts about how much more well-behaved the kids are now that the elf is out. Well no kidding, they aren't dummies. They want Christmas presents. My parents never told me "Santa is watching you" or used the elf. We were pretty much good kids year round because we were raised well, not because we were scared Santa would take away our presents.

I have on kid already and I think Elf on the Shelf is creepy and refuse to do it. Even more than creepy, I really don't have a bunch of free time to make extra messes I will have to clean up. Of course, with my luck, it is only a matter of time before one of his friends has it so he begs for one because he feels left out or something. Whether or not he is raised well probably remains to be seen at this point though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to a friend's house tomorrow to watch the Michigan/OSU game. My husband told me this morning that they will have pizza and chips there and now it's all I can think about. I wish it was tomorrow already. Oh and I'm crazy craving greek pasta salad, going to make some on Monday....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine is that I'm a little jealous of my brother and SIL after yesterday. Not in all aspects, but the guy manages to get out of freaking everything. Let me explain...

They hosted thanksgiving. They got SIL's family to come and my dads side of the family (they chose not to go to my moms side). So they didnt go anywhere. Meanwhile, DH and I carted our asses to 4 places. It's stupid and petty, but I was a little bitter that they literally didnt leave their house. I'm really sick of traveling on the holidays. Bleh.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My husband is so blasé this pregnancy, I'm ready to strangle him. I'm not faking this shit. 
  • Options
    Yesterday, I felt so crappy that DH let me lay around all day while he took care of DS. I feel better today (sort of), but I'm still letting him do all the hard work. He's currently feeding DS while I'm laying around on the computer. I participate in play time and baby snuggles. I wonder how long I can keep this up. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have another.  Over the past week or so I've seen more than a few posts that contain the words "My H won't let me eat or drink ______ " or some variation.  And this annoys me to no end.  How is that your husband "allows" you to do anything?  Like what is that?  I do what I want.  My husband trusts me enough to know that I am not going to do anything to harm the child we have or the one I am carrying.  I am not some dumb "little woman" that needs to be told what I can and can't consume. And I'm talking about stuff like soda or sweets or a sip of champagne.  What the actual fuck is that?  It makes me very ranty.  Obviously.

Yes! My BFF just had a baby in September, and when all the baby clothes went on clearance in August I suggested she stock up on some cheap summer clothes for next summer for her DD "Dh said I'm not allowed to buy anymore stuff till baby comes." Then one of their big ticket items on their registry went on clearance (therefore gone from stores soon) and she was saying how she really wanted to get it, but her H wouldn't let her buy anything till after the baby shower. Makes my blood boil.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I made a big deal about not shopping on Thanksgiving but really wanted Gatsby for $4 at target. So I had my aunt pick it up for me when she went last night.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I've had a cold for a week and can't get better because I just don't have time to rest. I finally took a day off work today so I can lay in bed and not have DD around since she's at daycare. DH can leave at 2 today but said he may need to stay late to get things done. I hope he does. I'd really like to be alone until 5, not 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"