October 2011 Moms

Any luck toilet training?

Has anyone started toilet training? Any October babies already trained? We did a bit when she started showing interest in the summer, but then she stopped wanting to use the toilet. I'm planning on trying the cold turkey method when I have 3 weeks off for Christmas. How many training pants (cloth, not disposables) do you think I'll need?

Re: Any luck toilet training?

• I can't really help you, but I linked this on the FB group so that some of the ladies who are having success might see it and come put in their two cents.
    Hope you're doing well!  How's the pregnancy going?

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Hey there, we haven't really done anything yet, but I wanted to say hi! Also, we miss you in the Facebook group! Wanna join?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ella is potty trained. We started letting her sit on the potty when she showed interest. Then a couple weeks ago we went and let her pick out some undies and she got really excited. Ever since then she started to refuse diapers and just like that was potty trained.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • S started showing interest around December of last year. I never pushed it, but I bought a potty chair and an actual potty seat that fits on the toilet. He was very excited for both. He had lots of accidents at first, and we only had two packs of toddler underwear at the time. And did diaper for nap and bed time only. We are very close to him wearing underwear to school, on outings and during sleep times. SO CLOSE. He is getting really in to it lately. We don't do treats or anything for going potty. He literally gets a high five and thats it. He likes to help flush the potty. He requests underwear when he first wakes up, and has recently started using the potty before bed on his own. In a sense my kid is potty training himself. Which I am okay with. I dreaded potty training. Not sure if I am actually any help. Every kid is different. But good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't joined the FB group because I know I'll never be able to keep up, but maybe I'll make a separate ID and be a stalker. What is the name of the group?

• aml+japan said:

I haven't joined the FB group because I know I'll never be able to keep up, but maybe I'll make a separate ID and be a stalker. What is the name of the group?

It's a private group, so I'm pretty sure you need to be invited by a bumpie in the group. I'm not in it because I think I de-lurked too late, but I think most of the regulars from this board are in it, so you could just PM any of them.

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are actually in the process of doing a potty training blitz this long weekend (naked from the waist down for 3 days, diapers only at night and for naps... I'm too scared to not use diapers during sleep right now). I liked the concept of 3-day potty training, but I didn't feel like buying a book on it, so I did a bunch of Google searches and got the gist of it. We actually are doing stickers on a potty chart as a reward, which I had mixed feelings on, but DD's daycare gives stickers so she has been seeing that for months with her little friends. So whatever, we went with it.

By Monday we'll put undies on her, and send several pairs of pants and underwear to daycare when she goes back on Tuesday. I bought about 12 pairs of plain cotton underwear, but I'll probably need to get more depending on how many accidents she has at daycare.

Good Luck!

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're not rushing things, so not actively potty training.  He's not regular by any means on when he goes, except for right before bath.  And around 21 months he started asking to go on the potty to pee at that time, so he does that.  He doesn't want to sit on the toilet any other time, and he flat out lies about whether his diaper is clean or dirty ("no change diaper.  No pee pee.  Diaper clean.")  I figure eventually he'll want to sit on the toilet for other times also.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He hasn't shown any interest. So, we will watch and wait.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have zero progress. Maybe one day...

Lil' P Est. Oct '2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here we grow again!
    ETA: August 14, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"