Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Crazy upper back pain!?

So, on Tuesday night I was sidelined by what felt like a really intense cramp from about my belly button all the way up to my shoulders. I waited it out and it resolved. Last night, baby was super active and kicking me in the lungs. I am not sure if it's related, but the cramp started again. I laid down and tried to wait it out. No dice. It got so bad that I actually threw up from the pain and i couldn't talk because my chest was that tight. I took a hot shower, had DH rub it, nothing helped. It eventually let up on it's own. It was TERRIBLE--like I almost went to the ER but couldn't stand the idea of getting in the car. For the record, I am 37 weeks. I'll call my doctor Monday (or sooner if it happens again, which I hope it doesn't), but does anyone have experience with this or know what might be going on here?

Re: Crazy upper back pain!?

• Options
    Yuck, I'm sorry!  I haven't experienced it.  The only thing I can think of is have you tried stretching?  A lot of prenatal yoga videos are stretches for the upper back, maybe that would help?  Or a heating pad or ice pack?  Maybe alternating the two?  I hope it doesn't come back!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @food_chick: so far, I have had general tightness but no more horrifying pain. We eventually realized that DH had rubbed my back both nights it happened, so maybe he irritated something? Good call on the heat pad--I am using one right now and it's helping. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good, I'm glad it's helping.  And hopefully it won't come back!  =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"