1st Trimester
Options

Earliest BFP

What is the earliest you ladies received a BFP?

------------
Razz *
Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
= BFP!
Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

Re: Earliest BFP

• Options
    27 days after my period began
  • Options
    4 days before AF was due. That was with a FRER.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CD 27 or 11 DPO.  I got a super squinter on 10 DPO but I didn't believe it until I saw a clear line the next day.

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• Options
    This kind of question is hard to answer because if you are not tracking your ovulation (with OPKs and temping), the responses here are going to be relatively meaningless for you.

In my case, CD34, which was 9DPO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just started temping, was just wondering if anybody had any BFP before the end of the 2WW

------------
    Razz *
    Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
    Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
    = BFP!
    Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

• Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited November 2013
    Orazzal said:
    I just started temping, was just wondering if anybody had any BFP before the end of the 2WW
    Ah, ok. How early you see a bfp depends on when implantation occurs but I've seen a lot of bfps posted here before 14 dpo.

Good luck!
  • Options
    8DPO. Usually I get them around 9 or 10. I would have gotten it at 7DPO with that pregnancy though bc I had a blood test that day and my beta was 79 at 7DPO.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Earliest reasonable BFP, assuming you know the exact time of ovulation and fertilization is 8days past fertilization. The first 5-6 days of the embryos life are spent dividing and traveling down the Fallopian tubes into the uterus. Day 6-7ish is implantation, at which point HCG production begins. If you're lucky, 24 hours after implantation there might be enough HCG for the first response tests to pick up.

Of course, unless you're doing a fertility treatment that involves introducing the egg and sperm in a Petri dish- you have a minimum of 1-2 days of uncertainty. Fertilization doesn't occur at the same instant as ovulation, sometimes the trip down the Fallopian tube takes an extra day, sometimes it takes an extra day before the embryo implants, sometimes HCG production is sluggish and it takes 48 instead of 24 hours to get a positive. And all that assumes that ovulation actually occurred on the day you guess :)

So its really not worth bothering to test before 10dpo in a typical cycle- but it's certainly possible to get a positive before the end of the 2ww.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    2 days before AF was due .. but the second line was SO faint, I almost threw the first test out, thinking it was negative, until I took a second look and realized it wasn't!
  • Options
    CD 18, 10 dpo

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    8 dpo

Beta #1 - 10dpo = 50

Beta #2 - 12dpo - 127

Beta #3 - 24dpo - 15,594!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    8 DPO this time around on a wondofo.  It was so light, but definitely there. 
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Orazzal said:
    If you know how to read your charts and have been charting for a few cycles, then you'll see the pregnancy in the chart before you can get a positive test result. In a normal cycle, you ovulate, your temp spikes, and then it tapers back down. When you conceive, you ovulate, your temp spikes, and it stays up, doesn't come back down. You should notice something is up with your chart by day 5. It's pretty cool actually. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Orazzal said:
    If you know how to read your charts and have been charting for a few cycles, then you'll see the pregnancy in the chart before you can get a positive test result. In a normal cycle, you ovulate, your temp spikes, and then it tapers back down. When you conceive, you ovulate, your temp spikes, and it stays up, doesn't come back down. You should notice something is up with your chart by day 5. It's pretty cool actually. 
    By day 5? Not necessarily. Implantation hasn't even occurred at that point. Plus, not all charts follow a perfect pattern.

With my first BFP, I had no idea until the day my period was supposed to show and my temp went back up a little. Up until that point, it looked like every other chart I'd ever had, complete with the drop on 12 dpo. With this BFP, I had a feeling at 9 dpo when my temp didn't dip like it usually did. It happened to mean something for me but it could just as easily not have.

You do get to recognize patterns but you also have to be careful not to get too hung up on the temps.
  • Options
    Orazzal said:
    By day 5? Not necessarily. Implantation hasn't even occurred at that point. Plus, not all charts follow a perfect pattern.

With my first BFP, I had no idea until the day my period was supposed to show and my temp went back up a little. Up until that point, it looked like every other chart I'd ever had, complete with the drop on 12 dpo. With this BFP, I had a feeling at 9 dpo when my temp didn't dip like it usually did. It happened to mean something for me but it could just as easily not have.

You do get to recognize patterns but you also have to be careful not to get too hung up on the temps.
    If you didn't know until the day you missed your period, then I think something might be up with your charts, or perhaps you chart based on only one symptom? There's some great research out there on charting and charting is the earliest possible way to confirm a pregnancy with 98% accuracy. Through charting, it can be confirmed days before a home test would catch it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    9 DPO

image    image    

• Options
    9 DPO
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy, but I got an immediate BFP on CD 28, or 11 DPO.  And that was on a cheapo blue dye test.  I'm sure I would've gotten an earlier BFP if I woulda used a FRER but I didn't want to chance dissapointment.
    Me- 23; DH- 29
    Started dating Oct. 2008; Married Sept. 2013
    TTC since Sept. 2013
    BFP 11/25/13 EDD 08/04/14
    MC 12/13/13 @ 5 wks 2 days
    BFP 02/11/14 EDD 10/24/14

“When everything seems to be going against you,
    remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
  • Options
    With DD I had to go to the doctor because I had a UTI that wouldn't clear up.  I loved my PCP and he had given me an antibiotic that wouldn't affect a pregnancy since we were TTC.  He did a pregnancy test at the second appointment and he came back and said, you are barely pregnant lol.  I was 5 days from my period starting (according to charting).  That was a longggg 40 weeks since I knew so early lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    CD 19 or 8 DPO.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I got this bfp roughly 6-7 dpo but a full 8 days before expected period...and that was with midday urine. I wonder if it would have been positive a day earlier with FMU.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    9dpo

It's a BOY

• Options
    5 days before estimated Period.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Got mine 5 days before expected period. Super faint second line though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    With my 2nd pregnancy, 3 weeks 1 day. Can't remember how many DPO, maybe 8?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"