One & Done: Only child
Options

OAD Highlights of the week...cause we love this theme!

Only one set of boy scout badges to sew on....OMG is I had to do another set I would stick myself in the eye with a needle.

It was report card week and DS not only had awesome grades but his teacher noted in the comments that he was kind and gentle to other students.  Such a proud mom moment. 

Re: OAD Highlights of the week...cause we love this theme!

• Options
    DS had a meltdown while shopping yesterday, but it was only him I had to deal with.

@meo34 we're not in scouts, but I've heard from other scouts moms that you can buy iron on backing adhesive so you don't have to sew the badges on. Don't want you to get stabby ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished up Cooper's Christmas shopping and didn't have to worry about keeping things even. I'm the type that would constantly worry that I was accidentally showing favoritism towards one or the other(s). I also was able to spoil my nephews and wouldn't have been able to swing that financially if I had 2+.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the badge tips! Torn between hating sewing and not wanting to ruin the shirt LOL! I will have to weigh my options....he just earned two more so I forsee more sewing in my future... Maybe he needs to earn a sewing badge???
  • Options
    hopefulmom81hopefulmom81 member
    edited December 2013
    DD woke up in a puddle of her own vomit on Thanksgiving day.  I was trying to picture having two or more sick children at once.  Couldn't do it.  I guess that isn't really a highlight LOL!  That is my mindset right now.

• Options
    DD woke up in a puddle of her own vomit on Thanksgiving day.  I was trying to picture having two or more sick children at once.  Couldn't do it.  I guess that isn't really a highlight LOL!  That is my mindset right now.

A FB friend just posted that both of her kids are sick and vomiting.  Sounds awful.  I hope your DD is better soon!.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options

Drove about 800 miles in four days with my one and only. So much easier to do that with one kiddo that has a predictable schedule than trying to juggle two + in a car.

• Options

Drove about 800 miles in four days with my one and only. So much easier to do that with one kiddo that has a predictable schedule than trying to juggle two + in a car.

This. ILs are four hours away. We also travel for a camping trip six hours away in the summer. Ds is a good sport. I can't imagine entertaining two in the backseat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This past week we were out (no work/no school) for "Thanksgiving Break" and it was so relaxing at home.  I got to do some things that I wanted to do, some things with DH, and do some things that DS wanted to do (Chuck E. Cheese, Bounce House, etc.).  DS and I got to spend quality one-on-one time (didn't have to divide my attention between two kids), and these activities were also affordable since I only had to pay for one child :-) It was a great week!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Since ds is almost four, I can't call my pudge baby weight. Ds and I have been exercising outside. He rides his bike and I run. There is no way I could keep two kids out of the middle of the street on bikes. I like that we get quality time and I get a good workout.
  • Options

Annnnd mine is now puking too. But I only have the one! So we are staying in and cuddling and watching tv and napping, without worrying about either a second sick child or even just entertaining another.
  • Options
    Only having to wrangle one for Santa pictures!

• Options
    OhBenji said:
    cedenton said:
    Only having to wrangle one for Santa pictures!

@cedenton what a great picture. I plan on taking DS sometimes this week so hopefully its not to crazy and he actually doesn't scream and cry like last year.
    Thanks @ohbenji! We went to Bass Pro Shops. After you arrive, you get a "Bass Pass" and a time to come back after which it's about a 30 minute wait from there. We had time to get lunch before our line started.

I wish I'd put more effort into his outfit, but I had decided not to go when I put him down for a nap and then changed my mind. I had to wake him up to from a nap to go and waited until the last possible minute so I didn't have time for a wardrobe change.
  • Options
    PB102012PB102012 member
    edited December 2013
    My highlight this week is watching two children melt down in the return section of Target (hitting each other in the had with items that the Mom was returning). Although my LO is not mobile yet, I was very thankful that even though she might have her moments when she is older, I won't have two to deal with two, just her.

• Options

My highlight this week is watching two children melt down in the return section of Target (hitting each other in the had with items that the Mom was returning). Although my LO is not mobile yet, I was very thankful that even though she might have her moments when she is older, I won't have two to deal with two, just her.

I am usually reminded at Target or Stop and Shop that one is so much easier.
  • Options

Yup!
  • Options

I don't have a stop and shop near me, but it sounds like a convenient store!

• Options
    It's a supermarket. I try to most of my grocery shopping at Target because they are cheaper, and I can use the money I "save" to buy myself cardigans. I almost always see a mother of more than one looking miserable. To be honest, I bribe ds with a milk at the end. It's another perk to having one; we can stop at the Starbucks on our way home.
  • Options
    DH is usually the one who takes LO to Target and I recently discovered that he bribes him with the Pizza Hut breadsticks in their little snack stand next to the Starbucks. As in I was doing a rare solo trip with LO to there myself and as soon as I put him in the cart and started out, he pipes up with "Breadsticks! Breadsticks!"

One of our grocery stores delivers and it's glorious. Small town but tons of senior citizens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"