October 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone NOT excited for Thanksgiving?

Cuz I'm not and its making me sad.

We have to go to DH's insane gma's house (the one who swears she had a dry birth) and suffer thru dealing with his jerk of a brother (the one who says you have to give a pacifier because it 'makes the teeth come in') and the brother's hyper kids.

We have to be there at 1, nobody else will be there on time, midday is a fussy time for DS, I feel weird BF'ing in front of them so I'll have to go feed in the back bedroom and I just don't want to go. Wah.

Anyone else? Or am I the Grinch who stole Thanksgiving?
Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

Re: Anyone NOT excited for Thanksgiving?

• Options

Boo. I love Thanksgiving. I was not excited last year when we went to my FIL & SMIL's, so I feel for you. This year will be better since it'll just be us 

Wish it was going to be just us. Lucky you!

• Options
    I'm not terribly excited either. Hubs' family is having a reunion for his extended family. Seriously...who does that on Thanksgiving?! That just means there will be even more people trying to hold the baby and get in his face.
    july sig challenge: babies are not dogs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm cautiously excited? I lucked out in the in law department, they are the bee's knees. However, it is a 3hr drive so we are leaving at 7. Then we decided to visit one of his aunts because his cousin from Colorado is going to be in town. Then the other two aunts got wind of that so now we are making three stops. Fine but Lo hates her carseat with a firey passion, and could potentially loose her shit for the whole day. Then after all our visiting we will turn around and head back home to the farm. So I'm excited to see everyone but nervous about not knowing how she will handle it.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options
    Me. But because we aren't going home this year, I hate that I'm not going to be able to see my parents.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    missgpsu said:

I am just a little nervous because DH's family are not the best cooks.  I ended up feeding his niece my entire dinner plate (thank God for 2 year olds) at Christmas.  We stayed over so I went to bed hungry.  My family are kick ass cooks so I always drool listening to what they are having when I call them for the holidays.  At least I have my family this Christmas.

Snacks stashed in the diaper bag?

• Options
    We just lucked out and DH has to go in to work on Friday, so we won't be going to his mothers! It's 2 hours away, we would have spent the night but now we are staying home. Made my stuffing today, have my turkey in a brine in the fridge. My turkey is always better, MILs cooking is always so dry.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Not one bit because I 1) have to cook and host it all in my tiny house and 2) because the IL's will be here and they are my least favorite people.

I am excited for the food!

Did you tell YH about your concerns? I've had plenty of awkward holidays spent at people's houses that I was not comfortable in. DH and I had a code word for when I had enough. And a baby is the perfect excuse to get out of things. You shouldn't have to dread and suffer through a holiday. Hugs!

• Options
    I could do without it this year. Dh has to work so it will just be me and DD. We'll go to my parents but I'd rather just stay home and snuggle with DD. I don't feel like seeing my brother and his wife and I'm not sure I have the energy to deal with my nieces. I can't even look forward to the food this year. I don't eat meat and now I can't have dairy or soy since DD is allergic. Not really sure there will be much I can eat. To top it off, mil called today to invite me to their house so now I have to stop by there on the way home from my parents. It's going to be a long day. Oh well. At least I won't have to tell DD someday that the reason there are no pictures of her first Thanksgiving is because I sat at home alone like a hermit instead of spending the day with family :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"