Secondary IF
Options

New Member, 1st IVF Cycle

Hi! I first started lurking on the infertility board and today made my first post... (which is below) and someone was kind enough to let me know that this board may be a better place for me since I already have children. I hope you all are doing well. I wanted to say hi.

My DH and I are currently in our first IVF cycle and I can't concentrate at work today so I'm lurking around forums and thought I'd just share out my experience so far. First, we have Male Infertility (he has less than 1Million swimmers). I have two children from my first marriage and had no issues. I am 36 though! My last AMH was 2.0. 

The doctor did a blood test on my vitamin D levels and my count was 10. So she had me start Vitamin D at the same time as the bcp. +5,000 mg daily of Vitamin D
My husband (who does not know anything about his biological heritage) had a universal genetic screen. He tested positive as a carrier of Smith-Lemli-Opitz. I had to go in and have my blood drawn again to do the genetic screen on mine to see if I'm a carrier of that as well. I'll find out my results next week. 

I am under the long lupron protocol. I started orthocept bcp on CD1 which was 11/6/2013.
I had a nasty migraine on 11/12/2013 with right eye aura. Migraine continued on the 13th. Had a fresh migraine on the 14th with left eye aura. At that point, I was pretty concerned with starting the Lupron. My doctor said it was likely due to the birth control and the vitamin changes. 
On 11/19 I had the first Lupron shot. And yeah, I felt not so good. I have a pretty much constant headache and the first few days I swear my eyes were having difficulty focusing... but it has gotten better. 
Today was my baseline ultrasound and 9th day of Lupron. My uterine lining is 3mm and no cysts. I don't know my Estradiol yet today, but the nurse expected it would be satisfactory given my u/s and the fact that I've been suppressed since the first day of the cycle. 
I'm supposed to start Stims on Friday. I'm taking Menopur and Follistim. I'm scheduled for my next E2 on Monday and next U/S next Wednesday. 
I'll be using a 10,000 Unit HCG trigger. 
We are also using ICSI. 

My sonohystogram in April showed that I have stenosis of the cervix and they mentioned an ET afterload... does anyone know what that is? I forgot to ask. 

SO... I'm really nervous. I really want everything to go well! It's nice to meet you all. 
M:36/DH:43
DD#1:16/DD#2:13
TTC: since 08/2012
IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

Re: New Member, 1st IVF Cycle

• Options
    Whoa! You got a lot going on it sounds.  Boo to the migraines. I am a long time migraine and cluster headache sufferer so I know how much those suck! 

Welcome and Good Luck.  We are a tight, but FUN group! These ladies here are The Awesome. 

Are you doing a fresh transfer? 

• Options
    LuckyJuJuLuckyJuJu member
    edited November 2013
    Hi! Yes, I do have lots going on :) I didn't even mention that I also suffer from anxiety and insomnia and take Zoloft daily and up until a couple of weeks ago took Ambien every night. Luckily, the hormones and the vitamin d seem to be making me tired... so I've been able to not take any ambien in a week!

We are doing a fresh transfer! If my body responds to the "average" we'd be looking at doing the ER I think around the 7th of December? My RE warned us that I might not have enough Eggs to freeze. I think that was just the cautionary warning though, I've not had any triggering before. I had an U/S in April on no medication and they went ahead and took a look at my AFC and it was 14. 

I've realized I just have to go with my need to pester other people with similar experiences and see if participating in discussions will help me keep control of my nuttiness :) Which is ONLY caused by Lupron, I'm sure. 
    M:36/DH:43
    DD#1:16/DD#2:13
    TTC: since 08/2012
    IUI: met with clinic 01/13 - due to SA results - straight to IVF
    IVF Cycle 1: Long Lupron Protocol with fresh transfer and ICSI
    Baseline U/S 11/27/2013 - Lining 3mm and good to go go stim action!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Options

Goodness gracious woman! Sounds like you've been through it! Sorry for the migraines, they are never fun! Im also sorry that you find yourself here, but I hope you enjoy your stay! Cant wait to get to know you better through our threads. & as always, sending lots of baby dust and good luck your way! :)

• Options
    Welcome, and good luck with your cycle! I'll steal @freakyfast words, this group is The Awesome!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    Hi, welcome to the board. 

I just finished that exact protocol a few days ago, and now I'm just waiting for my first beta on Monday. Good luck to you! 

Sorry you are dealing with migraines, that sucks. I do not have any experience with stenosis, so I have nothing to add there. I also have insomnia, and I've been taking OTC Unisom and Melatonin because they are both safe during pregnancy. 

My first week on Lupron was the hardest, eventually I went down to .5 units so it was much easier after that point. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!  Sorry you're having a rough time with the meds. Aura migraines suck ass,
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"