February 2013 Moms
Options

You learn something new every night!

wifeofadamwifeofadam member
edited November 2013 in February 2013 Moms
My DH is so spoiled.  I don't think his sleep has really been disturbed at all since the new baby was born.  We have our own bedrooms and the baby sleeps with me, so she never really makes a peep loud enough to wake anyone else in the house.  I just nurse her when she stirs.

Well, last night I must have been exhausted.  DD kept wanting to nurse and whenever I would try to unlatch her she would flip out and start crying.  Finally, around 2:00 am I decided to just try to sleep and let her fuss next to me.  She was literally sitting on my head and crying, trying to get me to notice her while I tried to ignore her, hoping she would give up.  It must have woke DH up, so he came in my room and took her, telling me what I always tell him, "There is no reason both of us should have a horrible night of sleep!"

It was the first night I slept without DD next to me in bed and I sort of hated it.  The first few hours were great because I finally got some sleep, but then I kept waking up every hour and freaking out because she wasn't there and then worrying about DH and DD in the other room.  I think I slept worse without her there.  And then this morning I had to figure out how to do the usual breakfast dash with a fussy baby and engorged, leaking boobs. 

DH looked like crap this morning and he said he only got one hour of sleep.  He complained about how tired he was all morning and then when I called him at lunch he complained through the whole call.  I feel bad for him, because he's not used to it, but on the other hand I'm sort of giggling inside about the fact that he is so tired after doing it for only one night.  It's a wonder I've made it through the year without walking around complaining all the time about how tired I am.  lol

I guess I learned something new last night.  All I have to do is let the baby cry for a while and eventually DH will come in and take her away.  I wish I would have known that three kids ago.  ;)

Also, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my nap this afternoon while all the kids are down.  Poor DH can chug coffee at work.

Re: You learn something new every night!

• Options
    My DH is the exact same. Within the last month he's started waking up once in a while to help. It usually takes 2 hours of her fussing to wake him up. It doesn't happen often. It did last night and guess who is soo tired hes napping. DH and I also sleep in separate rooms do to snoring. And I agree with the sleeping good for a few hours. Then I'm awake looking for them.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    sjames2 said:
    My DH is the exact same. Within the last month he's started waking up once in a while to help. It usually takes 2 hours of her fussing to wake him up. It doesn't happen often. It did last night and guess who is soo tired hes napping. DH and I also sleep in separate rooms do to snoring. And I agree with the sleeping good for a few hours. Then I'm awake looking for them.
    It's nice to see someone else who doesn't sleep in the same bed as their DH.  We tried it for about six months after we were married and it was terrible.  Neither of us slept well (I am actually the snorer in our marriage).  We moved into separate rooms and have been happy ever since.  We're currently drawing up house plans to start building in 2014 and we're actually creating two master bedrooms with an attached bath.  It will be perfect for us!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
      DH looked like crap this morning and he said he only got one hour of sleep.  He complained about how tired he was all morning and then when I called him at lunch he complained through the whole call.  I feel bad for him, because he's not used to it, but on the other hand I'm sort of giggling inside about the fact that he is so tired after doing it for only one night.  It's a wonder I've made it through the year without walking around complaining all the time about how tired I am.  lol

You're a better woman than I am if you felt bad for him. I wouldn't have felt bad for one millisecond if I were you ;)
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    sjames2 said:
    It's nice to see someone else who doesn't sleep in the same bed as their DH.  We tried it for about six months after we were married and it was terrible.  Neither of us slept well (I am actually the snorer in our marriage).  We moved into separate rooms and have been happy ever since.  We're currently drawing up house plans to start building in 2014 and we're actually creating two master bedrooms with an attached bath.  It will be perfect for us!
    I was actually just reading an article in Ladies Home Journal about sleeping in separate bedrooms and how houses with two masters are becoming more common. I'm admittedly clingy to my DH so I couldn't do it, though I slept in our guest room a couple of nights while he was sick and I really did enjoy having the whole bed to myself! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I don't like the idea sleeping separately from my husband but when it does happen I love it! Lol. We have a king size bed which feels like a double bed sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

sjames2 said:

We have managed to sleep in the same bed till DD was 6 weeks old. His snoring used to be only when he had a long day or long week. He now snores loudly every night. When I'm up nursing and he's snoring away I get soo mad. I really don't like sleeping in separate rooms but his snoring no longer keeps me awake. I don't feel as connected with him as I did when we slept in the same bed, but we both sleep better so we both are happier in the morning. We would be soo happy to have 2 masters.
    I hope your H starts helping more.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"