Adoption

Out of State Private Adoption?

Hello ladies, I don't post very much but I do read everything!  I have a question, has anybody done an out of state private adoption?  My husband and I are in the process of starting foster to adopt and just had our homestudy last week.  However a situation fell into our laps last night about adopting a baby girl due in Feb from Texas. Its a friend of my moms co-workers niece (got that all? lol)  My dad and step mom did a private adoption 3 years ago but it was in state. Anybody have anything for me? Even just about adoption laws in Texas would be great. Thanks!
TTC since 6/09 3 Rounds of Clomid and TI all BFN 3 IUI's all BFN IVF#1 - BFN FET#1 - BFN IVF#2 - BFN IVF#3 - BFP! Beta#1 11/4 - 149 Beta#2 11/7 - 565 Beta#3 11/9 - only 625 11/22- Found ectopic and had emergency surgery. Lost Right tube IVF#4 - ?

Re: Out of State Private Adoption?

• So I would need an adoption attorney from the state the baby will be born in or the state I live in?
    TTC since 6/09 3 Rounds of Clomid and TI all BFN 3 IUI's all BFN IVF#1 - BFN FET#1 - BFN IVF#2 - BFN IVF#3 - BFP! Beta#1 11/4 - 149 Beta#2 11/7 - 565 Beta#3 11/9 - only 625 11/22- Found ectopic and had emergency surgery. Lost Right tube IVF#4 - ?
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We adopted through an agency in Texas this month. We live in LA so it was out of state for us. Is there anything specific you were wanting to know about the laws?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Things like how long the birth mother has to change her mind, how long normally I'll have to stay in TX with the baby before coming home to PA
  • In TX a birthmother must wait at least 48 hours after the birth before she can sign relinquishment papers. After they are signed there is no revocation period, so unless the birthmother can prove coercion, she cannot change her mind after papers are signed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"