January 2013 Moms
Options

XP: Breast Pumps

Hello ladies!  I posted this on the Breastfeeding board but didn't get much response, so I thought I'd come here and ask.  I just found out my insurance will cover 100% for a breast pump.  They offer 3 different types.  One is the Ameda Purely Yours, another is the Hygeia Q, and the last one is the Medela Personal double pump.  Would love any input you ladies have to offer on any of the pumps.  Currently I have a Medela Pump in Style

Re: XP: Breast Pumps

• Options
    I got the Hygeia Q through my insurance. It was the only one that was covered. It broke 3 times. They would have replaced the last one too but I gave up. I went out and bought the Medela Pump in Style which has worked well ever since. It is also much quieter than the Hygeia. What also sucked was having to wait for a replacement meant that I had to buy a hand pump and pump until it arrived usually 4-5 days later. 
  • Options
    I had the Medela Pump in Style. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Dumb question, is this Medela Personal Double Pump the same as the pump in style or is it a different pump?

• Options
    I hate my Ameda Purely Yours, I could never get good suction. I don't know what that Medela is but I have the PIS and it's so very much better.
  • Options
    I also got the Ameda thru my insurance. It broke and they were decent about replacing it but I EP and couldn't wait for it. I went and bought a medela pis and love it. No problems, much easier to use an clean. Never even opened the box with the new Ameda.
  • Options
    ecu0505ecu0505 member
    edited November 2013
    I have the Hygenia Enjoy and do not care for it. The actual pump is fine it's the shields. You have to position yourself just so to keep milk from getting in the tubs. I used the medela pump in style for 9.5 months exclusively pumping and really liked it.
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"