Preemies

Formula to Regular Milk?

solemnlyswearsolemnlyswear member
edited November 2013 in Preemies
When did you switch from formula to regular milk? Our pedi told DH to wait until he was two. I have never heard of that before. I thought maybe she would say to wait until he was a year adjusted. He is a 29 weeker and has caught up pretty well. He is eating solids now and will be a year in a little over two weeks. 

Re: Formula to Regular Milk?

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    edited November 2013
    My DD is only 6 months, but your question sounded familiar so I looked for this: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12150969/older-preemies-when-did-you-stop-giving-formula#latest. Hope that helps! Edited or typo.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • I would call and talk to your pedi to find out why they suggest 2. It doesn't sound necessary based on the info you have given us but since they know more of the medical history please check with them.
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank You. I plan on talking to her when we go in again.
  • Yup, like PPs our pedi said we can start making the transition around 1 year adjusted. Granted, I still pump, so they only get like 4-5oz of formula a piece (mixed in with BM), so they'll probably not notice the difference. I think the real difference will come in as we try to wean them off the BM completely over to cow's milk....but, that's not in the short term plan just yet!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our pedi gave us the go-ahead at his 12 month well check. I was a little surprised seeing as he was only about 10 months and 1 week adjusted, but I slowly switched over. It took a good month before I totally weaned him off formula, but only because I wanted him to get the extra nutrients. We're now totally on WCM and it's been 6 weeks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"