Multiples
Options

Belly Bands?

So I'm debating on buying a belly band. The other day I tried one on in motherhood maternity and I felt like it was more awkward than helping with support. Would you recommend a band for twin pregnancy or not? If so what brand/price did you pay? I've seen so many variations I just have no clue! I'm 27w5d btw. TY!
Expecting Twin Baby Girls! EDD: February 20, 2014

Visit my blog at www.bonny0374.wordpress.com

Re: Belly Bands?

• Options

I personally did not buy one and never felt the need to.  I didn't need the extra support.  And my back only really ever hurt when Baby B pressed against a nerve, and then I would only need to take a moment to either sit down or go to all fours for a couple of minutes until she moved again.

Do you feel like you actually need the support, or do you feel like you should have it because it's twins?  Because if it's the latter, you may find that you don't actually need or want one.
    Some days I feel like I need one and other days I feel fine. Sometimes my husband will get behind me, wrap his arms right underneath my belly to support it and I get so much relief! But I can't see a band giving that much relief for me. I guess that's why I'm asking all of you twin mommies for advice! Thank you!

• Options
    I never needed one. Made it to 33w2d. My belly measured 43 weeks at the end. Hold off buying it until you really need/want it.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend let me borrow a ton of her maternity clothes and in there was a belly band. I carry it with me to work all the time (I work 12 hour shifts on my feet) and if I feel like I need it then I just put it on. 
    I'm not sure if I would have gone out to buy one and I will tell you they get really uncomfortable after wearing it a while.  I usually end up taking it off after 4-6 hours.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got uncomfortable pretty fast due to both babies measuring above the 90th percentile consistently and having extra fluid. I also am a 4k and am on my feet a lot. At 24 weeks I was measuring 38. I bought a prenatal cradle brace and do wear it daily to work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I also use the prenatal cradle. It didn't do much for me at first, but now that I am 32 weeks I use it every day. My babies are both already 4.5 lbs so it keeps my back from getting really tired while letting me keep up some with my 2 year old :)
  • Options
    I got one around 24 weeks and for me it helped a lot. I could definately feel a difference in my back and pelvic pressure when I wore it. I think I stopped wearing it around 33 weeks because I was on maternity leave by that poing and I think I had outgrown it so it was no longer comfortable - kept slipping and digging in. I also used a prenatal cradle. I would say it's not necessary but if you are having a lot of pelvic pain it would help.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your input!! Very helpful!!

• Options
    I bought my bella band on Amazon for ~$26.  I loved it.  It was comfortable and I am able to still wear my work pants. It stays on well and feels comfortable (but not always when I am wearing jeans, so I bought maternity jeans).   I would recommend, but it definitely isn't for everyone.  
    image    image    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"