Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

20 month old with nightly diarrhea

My son was on Amoxicillin about 2 weeks ago for an ear infection.  Ever since then, he has been fine all day and comes home from daycare at night and has 1 normal poop, then has 2-3 small diarrhea poops.  We have tried giving him bananas, apples, cut out milk, and have given him yogurt with live cultures, but it seems to keep happening.  Any suggestions?  He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or bothered by it at all.  It's just getting annoying.  It only happens at night, which is really weird.

Re: 20 month old with nightly diarrhea

• Every time my DS took antibiotics for his ear infections we automatically gave him probiotics as well.  We use the culterelle powder and poured half a packet into his milk or other food.  I'd check with his pedi but that's what was recommended to us.  Amoxicillin was rough on his tummy.  
  • Where did you get Cuturelle powder from?  We have given him yogurt with probiotics the past 2 nights at dinner and are back to giving him milk again AM and PM and so far no more diarrhea.  Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"