August 2013 Moms
Options

A couple WWYDs...

I have a couple WWYD questions here, completely unrelated, but I figured I'd post them together for all you lovely advice giving ladies.  The first one is short, second one, pretty long.

#1: I was going to sell my Ergo after buying a Boba 3G.  I posted it on a local fb sale page and a neighbor/friend expressed interest on the page (not privately).  She wanted to try it on first and for her husband to try it.  I told her to take it home to try it and I didn't hear back from her for a few days.  So I decided that this can be a win/win.  I sent her a message saying that she can borrow it for this little one and return it to me when she's done with it so that I can sell it.  I also stated that I was hoping that in return, she would lend it to me if I ever needed it to go on a hike or anything with my whole brood.  She didn't respond directly to that message one way or another, but she still has the Ergo.  (Looks like she is selling a Boba 3G on the same site I was selling my Ergo on!)  Well, after using my Boba, I am kind of missing my Ergo.  I liked the bigger storage pocket, especially for a dipe and some wipes on the go (like on the plane when I don't want to be lugging a diaper bag!)  I will be traveling in a couple of weeks and am wishing I had my Ergo for this trip.  Would it be rude to ask for it back?  Can I ask for it back completely or should I just ask to borrow it for the trip?  If I do borrow it for the trip, should I wait for her to ask for it back?

#2:  re:LO's baptism.  I will try to make this explanation as objective as possible so I can get your unbiased opinions. I know what I want to do, but also understand my husband's point of view, so would like to hear some other opinions.  I was baptized in a church back "home".  It is a church I grew up visiting from time to time as my grandmother attended there (as did my parents when I was very small, but not as I grew older).  My H and I returned to this church before we got married and attended pretty regularly, were married there and baptized LO#1 there before moving across country.  Since we have moved, we had LO#2.  As we were not members of any church here and most of our family was back "home", we chose to return there to baptize him.  Now we have LO#3 to baptize.  We are still not members at any church here, and do visit a couple different ones from time to time (when we can actually get everyone out the door), but no real ties.  I guess this is true for either church, here or back home.  Also, the only family that we have here is H's two sisters and my mother.  I would say only one or two real close friends.  Everyone else -family and most close friends are back home and would not be likely to fly out for the baptism.  However, if we go "home" we will need to rent a car and get a hotel, as no one has the room or vehicle to spare for us.  If you were in this situation, where would you baptize your LO?

TIA!

Re: A couple WWYDs...

• Options
    I dont think its rude to ask to use the ergo for the trip/

Id get LO3 baptised in the same church as the other 2. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    From my understanding she didn't buy the Ergo from you so I would definitely ask for it back. For one those things aren't cheap and it's still technically yours.

I would also baptize LO at the same church so family can attend if it is possible for you family. If not then I'm sure your family would understand you doing it where you live now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LiylaRae said:
    From my understanding she didn't buy the Ergo from you so I would definitely ask for it back. For one those things aren't cheap and it's still technically yours. I would also baptize LO at the same church so family can attend if it is possible for you family. If not then I'm sure your family would understand you doing it where you live now.
    THIS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with all statements above
  • Options
    I agree, we plan on traveling back up north to baptize baby boy fir the same reasons.
  • Options
    Am I alone in thinking it sounds like you may have been had over this ergo thing?
    Although perhaps I am misunderstanding what I read. This is how I interpreted it.

1. You were selling your Ergo and offered to let her take a trail of it
    2. She took it and didn't pay you then ignored you
    3. You said that's ok you can borrow it just let me use it once and awhile
    4. She ignored you

If my interpretation was correct it sounds to me like she stole your carrier. I hope I am wrong here. But to answer your question of course it is not rude to ask for your property back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone gave good advice, I just wanted to mention this since I had a issue with fb messages recently, if you are 'friends' with her on fb ignore this but if your not, messages go into the others section and doesn't show up as a notification, so maybe she didn't get the message, regardless knock on that girls door and get your ergo back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"