Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Has anyone else O'd, even with a neg cheapie OPK?

I've been charting for the past week now, and I started taking OPKs on CD9 at 1am (I know, but I had to pee...) and I took a couple more throughout the day on CD9 (yesterday). I took another OPK this morning at 10, and I went from having almost positive test lines all day long, to NOTHING today. and I mean absolutely nothing.

My chart shows a dramatic temp dip yesterday, and then a spike today. According to FF on my calendar, I have "possibly" been fertile these past few days. But my OPK shows negative today. My CM has been watery (I think, or maybe that is "leftovers" from BD). I have been cramping slightly for three days now, and I have had nausea and headaches and stronger sense of smell. All that good stuff. 

I feel like I really have O'd, but then again, I feel like maybe it's too early in my cycle. Is it possible to O this early? I really could use some advice.

TIA!

Re: Has anyone else O'd, even with a neg cheapie OPK?

• Options

You are on CD 10, so I wouldn't worry about not ovulating, not getting a neg OPK yet.  Just keep temping, HIO and taking OPKs.  Don't worry to much about a single temp.

Your ticker doesn't take me to your chart, so I can't see it to offer an opinion.

• Options
    Your temp might go down tomorrow.  Until FF confirms O (usually with 3 days of higher temps) you should keep using the OPKs and keep having sex.  It might be a random spike, it might have been O.  As @ladyale said, you can O without a positive OPK, and you can get a positive OPK and not O.  Some people fade in to a positive and some don't.  If it was not positive, don't record as positive, but you can record in your notes that it was close, just for reference. 

You just have to wait and see what patterns develop. 

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LadyAle said:
    Yes, it is possible to O that early, and it is also possible to O without a positive OPK. Is this your first cycle charting? I remember using a ton of OPK's the first cycle I used them because I didn't know my regular O time yet. Hang in there! Keep testing once a day, and if you get back to close to positive I would test twice a day. I also test until I get crosshairs because I sometimes have a couple days of positives before I O. Good luck!!
    TY! Yes, this is my first time charting. I heard about charting about 6 months ago, but I honestly thought it was too much trouble to do all of that, so I just guestimated that I was ovulating whenever I started having symptoms. But I decided that I actually want to know what day it is on, and I started charting this cycle. I will definitely be testing for a few more days. I have about 8 more OPKs stocked up under my sink in the bathroom; I just started doing this, and I can already tell that I have a POAS addiction. haha. Thanks again!
  • Options
    jcsumm0 said:

You are on CD 10, so I wouldn't worry about not ovulating, not getting a neg OPK yet.  Just keep temping, HIO and taking OPKs.  Don't worry to much about a single temp.

Your ticker doesn't take me to your chart, so I can't see it to offer an opinion.

I will need to fix my ticker then. Sorry, I just set that up today. Thank you for letting me know so I can fix it. I will definitely do that.
    sister13 said:
    Your temp might go down tomorrow.  Until FF confirms O (usually with 3 days of higher temps) you should keep using the OPKs and keep having sex.  It might be a random spike, it might have been O.  As @ladyale said, you can O without a positive OPK, and you can get a positive OPK and not O.  Some people fade in to a positive and some don't.  If it was not positive, don't record as positive, but you can record in your notes that it was close, just for reference. 

You just have to wait and see what patterns develop. 
    You're probably right. I just figured I would get a second opinion. This is totally new to me. I am going to chart all the way until AF comes. And I will keep doingg OPKs until I get crosshairs on FF.

Kirby513 said:
    Wait a few more days to see if there is a sustained temperature shift. That's the only way to know for sure.  If you have a really short surge it is possible to miss it with an OPK so it's actually quite common for people to O without a + OPK.  
    As far as whether you've been fertile, my motto is "when in doubt, hump it out".  You had close to positive OPKs, a possible temp shift and possibly fertile CM. It sounds promising! Have fun 
    ;)
    Thank you! I would be a little surprised if I got O this early, that's why I am getting a second opinion. But hey, if I did, then I know for future reference lol I'm not going to complain if I got it.

Thank all of you for your quick responses. I really needed some second opinions. I already love this site!<3
  • Options
    What everyone else said about it being possible...I get that CD10 seems really early though. I also agree that you should continue to take your temps and make sure they are rising for the next 2-3 days.  As everyone else also said, keep sexing!!

Side note, I *think* some OPKs advise to use them during day light hours (between 10 and 8 or something like that). I use the WONDFOs and I don't believe they have such guidelines. It was mentioned in a book called "The Impatient Woman's Guide To Getting Pregnant" which I started reading after I started my OPKs and promptly began wondering if I was doing it right.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    What everyone else said about it being possible...I get that CD10 seems really early though. I also agree that you should continue to take your temps and make sure they are rising for the next 2-3 days.  As everyone else also said, keep sexing!!

Side note, I *think* some OPKs advise to use them during day light hours (between 10 and 8 or something like that). I use the WONDFOs and I don't believe they have such guidelines. It was mentioned in a book called "The Impatient Woman's Guide To Getting Pregnant" which I started reading after I started my OPKs and promptly began wondering if I was doing it right.
    Thanks hun! I'll keep that in mind, I never thought about the difference between testing during daylight hours and night time. I'll definitely remember that from now on with my Dollar Tree OPKs lol

ETA: That GIF in your siggy is classic! lmao
  • Options
    jcsumm0 I fixed my ticker, you can chart-stalk me now :)
  • Options

Thanks hun! I'll keep that in mind, I never thought about the difference between testing during daylight hours and night time. I'll definitely remember that from now on with my Dollar Tree OPKs lol

ETA: That GIF in your siggy is classic! lmao

Okay, so I'm new here and I don't want to be all suspicious... does OP seem, uh, "familiar" to anyone else here?

imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ducktale said:

Okay, so I'm new here and I don't want to be all suspicious... does OP seem, uh, "familiar" to anyone else here?

Do you mean JennalKing?

• Options
    Nicb13 said:
    This is my first month charting/temping/using OPK's and I think it will take a bit before I get the hang of things and my charts/tests make sense. I'm anxious too but I just have to wait it out and keep up with charting.
    It is frustrating to wait, like putting together a puzzle. That's how I think of it-especially since I JUST finished my first month charting.
  • Options
    Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

OP, that really isn't a temp spike.  Just keep swimming.

• Options
    Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

I have seen some things that this ^^^^^ person posted on here. I hope you don't think I'm like her. That girl was bat-shit insane. I'm actually coming here for advice, she came here to be told what she wanted to hear.
  • Options
    jcsumm0 said:
    Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure. I needed a second set of eyes on this one.
  • Options

jcsumm0 said:
    Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

It's possible...but I did see her at BOTB recently. Kind of silly to create an AE just for one board...I don't want to jump to any conclusions though.
  • Options
    jcsumm0 said:

Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

Oh man, wasn't Ol Jennal on CD 7 when she was here?! *cue dramatic Bump conspiracy music*

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, and when you click on her chart it's the same FF banner as Jennal. Right down to CD10. I remember because she posted on BOTB that she might take an HPT on CD8.
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Belou52579Belou52579 member
    edited November 2013
    @Nicb13

When I finally got my lines I thought "this is what it might look like to get a +HPT". If only it was a + HPT...

Edit to change "a" to "an"

Edited AGAIN to change it back to "a" LOL! My inner turmoil over it won.
  • Options
    Hi, just a couple things to clear up.  FF says you are fertile because you put in fertile CM.  FF cannot predict when you will ovulate, although it can tell you when your signs are becoming more fertile.  Later on, FF will make note of the cycle days on which you have ovulated before, but it doesn't mean that you will again.

You cannot look at one or two temps and get any info from that.  You are looking for a temperature shift -- that is three days of temperatures that are higher than your previous temps.  FF looks for 3 temps higher than your previous 6.  TCOYF has you draw a line .1 degrees over your highest temp of the first 6 days of your cycle (or something like that).  What you have is normal day to day variations and nothing like a temperature shift.  You can look at other charts to see what a real temp shift looks like.

It may take you a couple cycles to realize what to mark for CM.  Just keep trying.  the newbie link and TCOYF both have pictures of what to look for.  Don't mark watery just because you are not dry.  There will always be some moisture.  TCOYF says if the CM evaporates right away, it's not really watery CM.  Sometimes, checking after you poop is the best time.

Just keep temping and taking OPKs and be patient.  When, and if, you ovulate, it should be apparent.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Wait, didn't this jennal person not have a job? I actually have a job, and hobbies. I do think it's really weird that I stay home to though......... But I stay home and do home tutoring lessons for the local middle school and high school students. I also have a thing for couponing. I don't just stay at home and do nothing all day like she does. I've also been with my S/O for a year and three or four months now, which also strikes me as a "strange coincidence"..... 
  • Options
    lwoehlk Thank you, maybe I O'd early as well.
  • Options
    Hmm, this may be venturing into interesting territory. I think a QFP is in order.
    I've been charting for the past week now, and I started taking OPKs on CD9 at 1am (I know, but I had to pee...) and I took a couple more throughout the day on CD9 (yesterday). I took another OPK this morning at 10, and I went from having almost positive test lines all day long, to NOTHING today. and I mean absolutely nothing.

My chart shows a dramatic temp dip yesterday, and then a spike today. According to FF on my calendar, I have "possibly" been fertile these past few days. But my OPK shows negative today. My CM has been watery (I think, or maybe that is "leftovers" from BD). I have been cramping slightly for three days now, and I have had nausea and headaches and stronger sense of smell. All that good stuff. 

I feel like I really have O'd, but then again, I feel like maybe it's too early in my cycle. Is it possible to O this early? I really could use some advice.

TIA!

Wait, didn't this jennal person not have a job? I actually have a job, and hobbies. I do think it's really weird that I stay home to though......... But I stay home and do home tutoring lessons for the local middle school and high school students. I also have a thing for couponing. I don't just stay at home and do nothing all day like she does. I've also been with my S/O for a year and three or four months now, which also strikes me as a "strange coincidence"..... 

My Chart

• Options
    Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

Ducktale said:

Do you mean JennalKing?

I have seen some things that this ^^^^^ person posted on here. I hope you don't think I'm like her. That girl was bat-shit insane. I'm actually coming here for advice, she came here to be told what she wanted to hear.
    One more QFP
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sister13 said:
    Hmm, this may be venturing into interesting territory. I think a QFP is in order.

TIA!

You guys, where in my post does it ask you to hijack my thread and compare me to jennalking? That's right. Nowhere. I need advice, guys. If you want to compare me to that basket case, then start a new thread about it. I would rather not have to wade through all these comments. I mean, I honestly don't even care if y'all wanna compare me to her. Just make a specific thread for it, and leave mine for people who wanna give me advice on my question. Thanks.
  • Options
    You guys, where in my post does it ask you to hijack my thread and compare me to jennalking? That's right. Nowhere. I need advice, guys. If you want to compare me to that basket case, then start a new thread about it. I would rather not have to wade through all these comments. I mean, I honestly don't even care if y'all wanna compare me to her. Just make a specific thread for it, and leave mine for people who wanna give me advice on my question. Thanks.
    You replied to your own post comparing yourself to her as well, with the whole I have a job and I coupon thing.
    imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Ah. Well. Glad we cleared that up then. *cough*

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ducktale said:
    You replied to your own post comparing yourself to her as well, with the whole I have a job and I coupon thing.
    I know, I know, but can we take it elsewhere please? I honestly don't care if you guys think that I'm her or whatever, even though I'm not a total basketcase like she is, but please have this conversation among yourselves somewhere else. 

Haven't you ever posted something on Facebook, and people start commenting on it, then all of a sudden two or three people decide to start having a full blown conversation, right there on YOUR post? It's aggravating to get all of those irrelevant notifications, right?

I don't want to be notified every time one of y'all comments on this with something totally irrelevant to my post. It makes me not even want to bother to look at what has been said because it could be something that isn't going to help me and that will totally waste my time.

So, please, take it somewhere else. I don't think I'm asking too much.
  • Options
    sister13 said:
    sister13 said:

TIA!

Hi I'm sister. It's just that you're... sort of... acting weirder with every post. 
    I'm sorry you think that. I'm acting like myself. I guess I'm weird then. Damn...
  • Options
    lwoehlk said:
    Sophie, people are just having a little fun. And they all gave you advice. I didnt look at your chart because i'm on mobile, but if your spike isnt above your previous temps, you may have not o'd quite yet. Even if you did o this early, you won't know until you have 3 sustained higher temps, so just sit tight and HIO in case. Which shouldn't be a problem if you have sex every day like jennal did....I kid, I kid! :)
    I know they're having fun, and that's fine. I'm really not bothered by it other than getting the constant notifications for it. I had to dig a little to find your helpful post. That's the only reason I asked them to move the conversation. But I will definitely do that. I think the upward temp shift from today is definitely an encouraging sign to have sex today. Thank you for your encouraging and helpful insight :)
  • Options

Ducktale said:

I know, I know, but can we take it elsewhere please? I honestly don't care if you guys think that I'm her or whatever, even though I'm not a total basketcase like she is, but please have this conversation among yourselves somewhere else. 

Haven't you ever posted something on Facebook, and people start commenting on it, then all of a sudden two or three people decide to start having a full blown conversation, right there on YOUR post? It's aggravating to get all of those irrelevant notifications, right?

I don't want to be notified every time one of y'all comments on this with something totally irrelevant to my post. It makes me not even want to bother to look at what has been said because it could be something that isn't going to help me and that will totally waste my time.

So, please, take it somewhere else. I don't think I'm asking too much.

OP, you can't dictate how people respond to your post in a public board.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hullabalouhullabalou member
    edited November 2013
    She responds to every. single. poster. in a separate comment...
    that looks a little familiar.

Also, she joined on the 23rd...isn't that when the jennalking poster went bsc and went away...?

ETA: I just checked, I think it was actually the 24th when she exploded. But still....I am suspicious. 

Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ::pops head into post::  Also jennalking kept calling us y'all......very suspicious.image  
       image   image
    *Your friendly resident herbalist.  Ask me for facts about herbs--maybe I can help!*

TTC #1 8/2012~Chronic Pelvic Pain Condition began 10/2012~Told I was crazy by many doctors until a good specialist DXed a labral tear and bone impingement in left hip 4/2013~Surgery on left hip: 5/31/13  SUCCESS!!!  Pain flares to continue indefinitely (but mostly gone).

Resumed TTC 6/2013~Chronic stomach pain and distension: 8/2013~TTA 1/2014 Until Resolved ~7/2014: Trip to the Mayo Clinic--SUCCESS!!  Finally on the road to getting better.

Resumed TTC 7/2014!  Third time's the charm....8/2014 Visited the RE~DX: MFI/low morph~Straight to IVF with ICSI! 9/2014~Transferred 1 perfect beautiful 6AA blast with 10 to freeze!!!~10/8/2014: BFP!!!!  EDD: 6/17/15 STICK LITTLE BEAN!!! IT'S A BOY!!!!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    What can I say? We say "y'all" in the south.

I'm not stomping my feet or anything, I'm just politely asking y'all not to hijack my thread. I know I can't dictate what happens on the thread either, but I can ask nicely for you all to please only respond with things that may be helpful to me. I really appreciate the helpful comments, and I just want to be able to see them. Please and thanks!

ETA: @Ducktale, I mean I really don't care if there's an entire thread devoted to that. It's not true. Simple as that. You'll all be wasting your time talking about it, but that's up to you of course.
  • Options
    DucktaleDucktale member
    edited November 2013

That is an odd coincidence, @bbg676 ;)

The syntax at the beggining of the thread was eerily similar to Jennalking. I think it was the random "lmao" tagged at the end of a comment. Her own replies referring to "that basketcase" and why she's not her didn't help.

But really, I give her props for creating a fairly normal and innocuous post. I'd like to see where things go if she sticks around. Maybe just change that FF banner, Sophia?

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    bbg676 said:
    mrskbuck said:
    She responds to every. single. poster. in a separate comment...
    that looks a little familiar.

Also, she joined on the 23rd...isn't that when the jennalking poster went bsc and went away...?

ETA: I just checked, I think it was actually the 24th when she exploded. But still....I am suspicious. 

You do realize that someone replying to separate people in separate posts is the norm around here?  I have been here for almost two years and have almost never seen someone respond to 3+ people in the same post outside of a check-in - it would be cluttered and TL;DR.

I don't know if this poster is jennal or not, although her syntax and style (outside of 'y'all') is not similar to her at all, but I just wanted to say that responding to separate posters in separate threads is normal, not suspicious.

I know trying to find someone's new name can be fun and gives a thrill when you are able to figure it out/are correct, but you (collective you for members have only been here a few months) will learn eventually that not every new, possibly questionable, member is the person that last went BSC.  Most new members make this mistake for awhile and it happens in cycles.  After LBAB got outed last year, every new member with a hint of BSC or eccentricity was accused of being her new AE, even though none were.  :P

ETA: Never mind - I missed the fact that they are both 11dpo today and she has the same exact FF banner as Jennal (which, by the way, she must have changed before she switched names, since Jennal has not logged in since the 24th).  

Jennal's original BSC post was the 'Am I Crazy for wanting to start gathering stuff' was on the 20th but it continued until the 22nd.  SophieGirl's account was created on the 23rd and she did not start posting until the 26th because of the three day wait.  Jennal stopped posting on the 24th, after switching her signature to a generic bump one (which was not there on the 23rd).

Also, her first four posts were on the New to the Bump board in a single thread, to link people to our blog, which a new member probably would not know about and just feels odd.

I still say that responding to different people on separate threads is not suspicious, in general, but other things that were mentioned that I completely missed (and agree with) make it appear that there might be some deja vu going on.  ;) :P

ETA: Jennalking had another SN on this site that had the numbers 1992 in it. Interesting coincidence? @mrskbuck @ducktale
    I totally wasn't on board at first -I thought it was maybe overeager sleuthing. :)  But then, OP started reacting more strongly than I would have expected for a newbie along the lines of "The lady doth protest too much."  And, the first temp/chart day totally lined up with what jennal posted on BOTB as her first temp/charting day. If OP had left it alone, it would have died.    

My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"