Working Moms
Options

Am I The Only One that Still Drinks Folgers?

Everybody in my office has a Keurig, and I noticed it's taking over. However, I'm still loyal to my coffee pot and can of Folgers! My Chief walked in when I was making a pot and said "eww, get with the program- we all use K Cups around here". I'm just curious, does anyone still use a pot, or am I really behind on this one?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Am I The Only One that Still Drinks Folgers?

• Options
    I use a pot! Not foldgers tho. But I just like regular coffee!
  • Options
    kristenndkristennd member
    edited November 2013
    For a minute I thought you meant instant. We just use regular drip in a communal pot still. Both at work and at home. They have a Kuerig up in the admin office now, however.

I just can't wrap my head around the waste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kristennd said:
    For a minute I thought you meant instant. We just use regular drip in a communal pot still. Both at work and at home. They have a Kuerig up in the admin office now, however.

I just can't wrap my head around the waste.
    I don't drink coffee, but when DH got a keurig, I felt the same way.  Our nanny did as well, so she bought these reusable pods.  You put regular coffee in them, and pop it right in the Keurig.  I'm not sure if DH has tried yet, but our nanny said it tastes the same.
  • Options
    I drink Folgers KCups- vanilla biscotti is my fav!!! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do, I do!  I am not a huge Kuerig fan and still make a regular 'ol pot of coffee in the morning (with Folgers).  I went on a girls trip last month and the condo we stayed at only had a coffee pot.  I had to make coffee for everyone because they all use Kuerig and forgot how to make coffee the "old fashioned" way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    ccamccam member
    edited November 2013

We still use a regular pot, not folgers though.  We received a keurig as a gift and, although it's convenient, it doesn't taste as good.  Our pot grinds the beans, too, so maybe I'm just spoiled! 

They do have a Keurig refillable pod that you can put your folgers in though. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    We got a Keurig before DD was born so everyone can have their own "type" of coffee when visiting (my parents like it a lot stronger than me!). I wanted to save $$ though and honestly like my classic Folgers just fine, so bought the reusable pod and fill it up with my huge can of coffee.
    Mom to DS - 9/24/2005 Ectopic Pregnancy - 5/7/2012 Miscarriage - 12/13/2012. Mom to DD - 9/13/2013
  • Options

Drip coffee maker and Folgers here!  We have a Keurig in our office for guests only. 

My MIL tried to gift us a Keurig two years ago.  We declined it (very politely and she was fine with that) and I am so glad we did.  When I go shopping and see those K-cups boxes stacked to the sky, I think of how little coffee and how much waste is involved.  And they are not cheap!

K-Cups are always on my MIL's Christmas list.  Yesterday I spent $12 for 18 cups.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    I still use a pot at home, even though I usually make a small batch.  But I never, NEVER drink Folgers :P
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    There's a keurig type machine at work, but with pods instead of kcups, it's provided to employees Free which is a nice perk.
    At home we still have a regular coffee maker, but we are lazy and usually just make instant. I am getting spoiled at work and am thinking about asking MIL for a keurig for Christmas. I would get one of the reusable kcup things to save money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have a grind and brew. I like whole bean coffee. I like local brands of coffee (although "local" "coffee" is probably an oxymoron.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a keurig at home, however we occasionally still make a pot. My h and I have very different schedules, so this works for us. Also, I rarely drink more than a single cup. There's no keurig at work.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Regular coffee pot and regular bags of coffee. Folgers though? EWWWW ;)
    Everyone says that! lol What's wrong with Folgers??
  • Options
    At least it's not instant coffee... I say EWWWW to that stuff. The jar of taster's choice or nescafe.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I'm the only coffee drinker at home, but my pot can be set to just make two cups, which is my standard morning amount. (It calls it 4 cups but that's teacups, not mugs.) It has the built-in bean grinder too.
  • Options
    We have k cups at work, and I'll occassionally drink half a cup.  I'm more of a tea drinker.

We have a standard drip maker at home, and my husband makes coffee in the morning.  He'll buy Dunkin Donut beans and then grind them at the store.  It smells fantastic.

Neither my husband nor I have ever had a cup of Folgers coffee.  My parents keep instant stuff at home, but we just run out to the deli if we're visiting.
  • Options
    I use a refillable Kcup- i only drink one or two cups and I find it has less waste than brewing a pot. However I don't drink folgers due to a columbian coffee allergy 
  • Options
    I still use my coffee pot but definitely no folgers for me. I am a starbucks girl.

• Options

We still have a pot at work and home. No folders though, I'm picky about my coffee.
    I also really want a keurig, since DH doesn't really drink coffee and I feel silly making a pot for just me

i drink folgers and cafe bustelo

• Options
    We have a regular coffee pot and buy Folgers for the house, though occasionally we'll buy whole beans and grind them. We have a Keurig machine and a traditional coffee pot at work, and I just drink the regular coffee, though it's from a local roasting company. I refuse to buy the K-cups when the office coffee is free.
  • Options
    We buy whole beans and make real coffee at home. The Kcup thing seems so wasteful and expensive. If I'm going to be wasteful, I might as well just go to Starbucks.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    CarrieB. said:
    We buy whole beans and make real coffee at home. The Kcup thing seems so wasteful and expensive. If I'm going to be wasteful, I might as well just go to Starbucks.

I'm with you! My supervisor orders them online and has them shipped to her house. That's crazy to me!
  • Options
    I use a regular coffee pot and love my Folgers.
    Michelle, mommy of Persephone 12-30-04 (Autistic), Talia 07-30-09 (Autistic), and Cleopatra 03-31-2013

Owner of Johanna Elise, a Hair Accessory Boutique
    Website
    Facebook
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    Instagram

• Options
    I don't drink Folgers.  I buy organic coffee ... and I also bring back local coffee if I travel somewhere tropical.  I brew my coffee in a regular coffee machine or a French Press.  I don't have a kerig.
  • Options
    I have a Keurig, but I do feel guilty about the waste. I've been meaning to try a refillable pod.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I've visited a relative who has one of those keurig things, I've found the coffee to taste diluted and very strange. Maybe we didn't make it correctly? But drip and even instant taste a lot better to me than coffee from a mini cup. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"