Working Moms

Need advice on a situation at work

So HR calls me to their office yesterday. They wanted to discuss a co worker of mine. They have been getting complaints and wanted my opinion on him. It totally caught me off guard and I feel like I said a couple things I wish I could take back. This guy is a nice guy, he gets the job done however it is arrogant and not very diplomatic in how he handles people who work for him. But we got interrupted during our conversation and I feel like I didn't get to the good parts about him so I just sent an email to further discuss.

So my question is...should I talk to my coworker about this?? Should I tell him I got called into HR and asked about him??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need advice on a situation at work

• you don't know the whole story, so I would play it safe and not mention it to him. I would not want to risk my job by putting myself in the middle of I don't know what
  • I personally wouldn't say anything to him.  Like the PP said, you don't know the whole story.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Good God no.  Don't tell him. 
  • Thank you all for your advice! It is so hard because he has been so kind to me. When I was pregnant he was so sweet, even offering advice. He has 5 children of his own. But I think your all right. I don't know the whole situation so I will keep it to myself.

I did however write HR and talk more and now I feel better but this whole situation is uncomfortable.

• I wouldn't make mention because as PP you don't know the full story..
  • I am an HR exec. Do not tell him. Your HR likely should have told you that the convo you were having should be kept confidential. You could be held accountable to infringing on their investigation by telling him. You are doing the right thing though by going back to HR with the additional info.
  • No way, I would not mention anything to him.  HR will approach him if/when they feel it is necessary.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"