July 2012 Moms
Options

There's no place like home pip heavy

lilahbean13lilahbean13 member
edited November 2013 in July 2012 Moms
We finally made it!!!! After a LONG day at the airport we are home. Coop did not sleep last night and we got to the airport at 7 to wait for a standby all day. This is very hard to do in a small airport with a cranky baby. We had no stroller so we used a wheel chair. Right when we got there she pooped and that's when I realized I was out of diapers and all the extras were in hubby's bag at the deer lease. We couldn't get in to the airport to buy more because we were still waiting to get a ticket. So we finally got a ticket for a flight that didn't leave until 6 hours later. We get her diapers and we just wait and wait. She fell off a chair and hit her face on the wheelchair so her chin was busted open and so was her lip. blood everywhere. Anyways we get on the flight and make it to dfw. My dad is an hour late picking us up (we didn't want to wait for the next available flight home so he came to get us) . He took 3 and a half hours to drive 130 miles home and coop cried the last two hours of that. Needless to say I'm happy we are home and I'm never flying again ever ever ever.

Ok so thanks for all the good vibes and thoughts and sorry for repeat pics from IG
I'll catch up on bump happenings tomorrow after I sleep some
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: There's no place like home pip heavy

• Options
    Oh no! I am so sorry she got hurt and your travel experience was not so good. That is my worst fear when it comes to traveling with a little one...the getting stuck part of course. Glad to hear you made it home soundly. I am sure you are both relieved and will get some much needed rest!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Well that sounds awful! I bet you were never so happy to see your own (and Coop's own!) bed. Glad you got home :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a nightmare! So glad you're all home safe. I hope you can rest and relax today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    Thank y'all ! It was def rough but I'm glad I had y'all to vent to. I'm never traveling near a holiday. We cut it way too close I don't want to be stuck somewhere again
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you are all home. Sorry for such a terrible experience!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is a rough day! I am glad you made it home. I hope the both of you and Coop recover!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"