Secondary IF
Options

MAKING A HOME MONDAY

Describe one (or more) home decor tactic that gets on your nerves of you feel is tacky.

Me: too many knick knacks and pictures that are hung too high. They should be eye level (IMO) generally speaking unless your're 7 ft tall.

And the color peach.

Describe decor that you do like:

Clean lines and dark wood. I'm not a fan of oak - I don't know why.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: MAKING A HOME MONDAY

• Options
    CeCe8579CeCe8579 member
    edited November 2013
    Describe one (or more) home decor tactic that gets on your nerves of you feel is tacky.

I don't like too many knick knacks or too many things hanging on the wall. Super matchy matchy furniture. Mauve and lace. 

Eclectic. Minimal. Mismatch furniture.

I love decorating! 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

I would also say too many nick nacks. Also, lawn decorations. Those stupid crystal ball looking things people have out in their yards. What's up with that?

Comfy & classic. Our home is pretty traditional but with a modern twist. It doesn't look like we're trying too hard which we're definitely not! Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kndeckar said:
    Describe one (or more) home decor tactic that gets on your nerves of you feel is tacky. I would also say too many nick nacks. Also, lawn decorations. Those stupid crystal ball looking things people have out in their yards. What's up with that? Describe decor that you do like: Comfy & classic. Our home is pretty traditional but with a modern twist. It doesn't look like we're trying too hard which we're definitely not! Lol
    Yard balls....hate them. My mom loves them, haha! She calls them color spheres and I make fun of her for having yard balls and yard tackies!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Options

kndeckar said:

I would also say too many nick nacks. Also, lawn decorations. Those stupid crystal ball looking things people have out in their yards. What's up with that?

Comfy & classic. Our home is pretty traditional but with a modern twist. It doesn't look like we're trying too hard which we're definitely not! Lol

Yard balls....hate them. My mom loves them, haha! She calls them color spheres and I make fun of her for having yard balls and yard tackies!
    Haha yes they are very popular around here too! My best friend's mom used to have one & we'd laugh about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jen071407Jen071407 member
    edited November 2013
    Dislike: Also not a fan of oak, probably because my mom loves it so it was everywhere for me growing up :) As far as yards, I'm really not a fan of the giant blow up lawn decorations for the holidays...unless you're the guy down the street with the HUMONGOUS Santa that I'm pretty sure is a joke. That thing makes me chuckle.
    Love: White trim and dark hardwood floors, clean lines, and comfortable/inviting atmosphere.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options

I'm with you on the too many knick knacks thing. I also can't stand wood paneling or 80's decor (shiny furniture with rounded edges, etc...), also floral patterned furniture 

I'd say my taste is fairly traditional with a little rustic and a little modern thrown in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jen071407 said:
    Dislike: Also not a fan of oak, probably because my mom loves it so it was everywhere for me growing up :) As far as yards, I'm really not a fan of the giant blow up lawn decorations for the holidays...unless you're the guy down the street with the HUMONGOUS Santa that I'm pretty sure is a joke. That thing makes me chuckle. Love: White trim and dark hardwood floors, clean lines, and comfortable/inviting atmosphere.
    The Griswolds live two house down from us but luckily we live in the country and their house is pretty far off the road. 
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Options

I don't really mind anyone's décor, as long as its done tastefully, I guess. One thing that does annoys me is CLUTTER.  Especially kitchen counters and islands, I don't understand why people feel the need to display every appliance they have...Cabinets were made for a reason! lol 

My taste is a blend between rustic & modern
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"