Late Term and Child Loss

6 week pp appt....

Was this morning and I can say I am feeling good about it. My doctor told me the autopsy results and my daughter Olivia was perfect. That was heartbreaking to hear because it was my body that didn't sustain her. He did say that it was a placental abruption and small clot found in her cord. Which is due in part possibly hat I was developing early onset preeclampsia which is not often seen in the 2nd trimester as well as whatever underlying issues I may have. I have been out on BC for 6 months to help with regulating my body as well as to keep us from getting KU before all results are in and they determine why I keep loosing babies. He did say when I become pregnant again I'll be on baby aspirin from the beginning and then other blood thinners. I'll see them every week starting at 24 weeks until delivery. So I'm TTA until May which isn't to bad, I guess. But I'll do whatever I have to do to get a baby here healthy and successfully. I'm now impatiently waiting for the MFM office to call me with my appointment to meet with MFM doctor and get my blood testing done. I really want to get the testing and results before I go back to work on 12/18.
imageimageimageimageimage 

Re: 6 week pp appt....

• ***SIGGY***

I'm glad you have some sort of plan to follow when you get pregnant again, but I'm still so sorry you have to deal with this. I lost Devon to a placental abruption, but mine was caused by trauma [I had a fall two days before my placenta ruptured; had no signs of a rupture, like bleeding or anything like that, so I had no clue until after delivery that the cause was an abruption]. I hope you can get in to see your MFM and get the blood work done soon. **HUGS**

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you @OSUWifey09! I am hoping we do also because I'm ready for my miracle baby . So with that trauma are they worried at all with this baby? Are they watching you closely? I had no type of bleeding or anything and that is why they believe it has something to do with the preeclampsia that was setting in and other issues they will hope to see with the blood work .

• Loading the player...
  • **SIGGY/pregnancy mentioned**

@irons633 -- I've had other complications this pregnancy that have deemed me high risk, but my OB had me under extra monitoring anyway because I have a 10-15 percent chance of another abruption. My first trimester was typical [appointments every four weeks], then I started seeing both my OB and an MFM at 14 weeks. At this point in my pregnancy, I start non-stress tests, weekly appointments and twice monthly ultrasounds to make sure that my placenta is still holding strong.

I really, really hope the blood work gives you some answers.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• irons633irons633 member
    edited November 2013
    Thoughts and prayers to you thru the rest of your pregnancy. Thank you so much!! @OSUWifey09

• I posted over on TTCAL but I just wanted to say again that I'm glad the appointment went well, and that you are getting a plan in place for a future pregnancy. FX and prayers said for your rainbow baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so glad you had a good appointment and got some insight into what happened. I hope it brings you a little peace.
  • I'm glad your appointment went well!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

• I'm glad you're on your way to getting answers. Praying for all of us!
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• ~~Siggy Warning~~

Glad your appointment went well and hope it brings a little peace...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you ladies!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"