TTC after 35
Options

CD 35 19dpo no AF Negative test

Hello,

I have been trying to conceive, here is my story.  LMP 10/22/2013 ( first day) Got my paragard IUD removed 10/30/2013. Got positive digital smiley face opk 11/2/2013 so according to that Ovulated 11/3 latest 11/4. According to LMP next ovulation wasn’t supposed to happen until 11/7 or 11/8, either way I am on CD 35 either 19 days post ovulation ( or 23 dpo) Stiil no menses and still getting negative urine tests.

I have been crampy and have mild occasional nausea.

Late either 8 days or 4 days.

What could be wrong, I either want to be pregnant or get my period so I can begin trying again.

Anyone out there ever experience this. I have 3 children my youngest is 19 months old. What can be wrong? 

Re: CD 35 19dpo no AF Negative test

• Options
    gscovillegscoville member
    edited November 2013
    Unless you're also temping, you can't be sure you actually ovulated when you got the smiley face - it's common to gear up to ovulate, get a surge that shows on OPKs, but doesn't actually result in ovulation.  This is especially common after just coming off of BCP as you are, cycles can be very wonky for months after removal of an IUD.  Symptoms like nausea and cramping are also very common after coming off of BCP, your body is still adjusting to producing its own hormones instead of being controlled by others.  But ultimately, a negative tests means not pregnant, with three kids already I'm sure you know this.  All you can do is wait it out.  I would definitely suggest getting an account with Fertility Friend and doing their tutorials (you can click on the FF chart link in my siggy to get there), buying a BBT thermometer, and starting to temp, it's the only sure way to know when/if you've ovulated. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    ovulation tests don't tell you that you ovulated only that you are trying to ovulate.... So you might not have ovulated then or maybe you ovulated much later.  (  temping charting is the only method that can show you when you actually ovulated).

i am not a doctor or an expert on birth control but I would find it highly unlikely you took out the IUD then ovulated on so quickly..... your body is having a hormonal crazytime ( this can cause nausea and cramping).  This is all very normal.  it can take months to get your cycle back to a normal pattern after coming off birth control..  All you can do is wait it out.  If you haven't gotten a period is 60 days you might call your doctor.  They can prescribe something to jump start it.

Good luck
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I didn't get my period for 2 months when I came off BC. It wasn't an IUD but I'm sure it has the same effect on your body.
    Welcome to the board and I hope AF comes soon so you can hopefully start charting and/or temping so you can understand what your body is doing.
    Good luck.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Thank you all!!! All that after I got home from work...bam!! AF showed up.
  • Options
    I agree w/ the PP. I had my IUD out in October 2012 and have had odd cycles ever since. I'm not on provera to get my period back to normal. Best of luck!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"