Multiples

Any experience with breech babies flipping late in the game?

I am 30 weeks with modi boys and they have both been breech for a few weeks now. I have had two successful vaginal deliveries and really really want to go vaginally with these 2. I know I have some time left but I'm starting to give up hope the bigger they get :(. Anyone have both babies breech and have them flip at the end?

Re: Any experience with breech babies flipping late in the game?

• I don't (wah wahhhhhh....), but I just wanted to reassure you that you still have plenty of time! There's someone on here who had a baby A flip at 36 weeks, but for the most part 34 weeks is the last you can realistically hope for A to flip with twins. Depending on positioning, B can flip at anytime. My B flipped every week, and he even flipped a few days before delivery! A was wedged in pretty good, though, so once he flipped to breech at 30 weeks he never went back. BUT lots of others here saw their A's flip between 30 and 34 weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Check out the exercises at spinningbabies.com.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm 34 weeks and A is breech. I've given up hope that they'll turn
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't (wah wahhhhhh....), but I just wanted to reassure you that you still have plenty of time! There's someone on here who had a baby A flip at 36 weeks, but for the most part 34 weeks is the last you can realistically hope for A to flip with twins. Depending on positioning, B can flip at anytime. My B flipped every week, and he even flipped a few days before delivery! A was wedged in pretty good, though, so once he flipped to breech at 30 weeks he never went back. BUT lots of others here saw their A's flip between 30 and 34 weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you! I actually just found this website earlier so I will be trying some of thr methods!
    I don't (wah wahhhhhh....), but I just wanted to reassure you that you still have plenty of time! There's someone on here who had a baby A flip at 36 weeks, but for the most part 34 weeks is the last you can realistically hope for A to flip with twins. Depending on positioning, B can flip at anytime. My B flipped every week, and he even flipped a few days before delivery! A was wedged in pretty good, though, so once he flipped to breech at 30 weeks he never went back. BUT lots of others here saw their A's flip between 30 and 34 weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• My A was head down but B was flipping a few times during delivery. He flipped 3 time before A was even out. He was breech but followed his brother out head down so for my situation it was a good thing he was breech otherwise he probably would have gotten caught in my hip.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Baby b flipped breech in between my 35th and 36th week! Little bugger!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My A flipped to breech and back again in my 36th week -- up until that point he had been head down the entire pregnancy. Baby B did the same in my 37th week -- though she had changed position several times throughout the pregnancy.
    DS1: 09.12.10
    DS2 & DD1: 01.14.13
  • My A flipped around 32 weeks.  I was doing the Webster Technique with my chiropractor. 

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• For those whose baby a's flipped in later pregnancy, did you feel it or know it happened? Or was it a surprise at the ultrasound?
  • I could not feel mine flip at all even as I watching him do it on the screen. I have no clue how he was able to move they ways he did and me never ever feel it. But during delivery I had no clue.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • When A flipped back to head down I was actually at L&D for some monitoring and in between ultrasounds I had some big movements and suspected he might have turned fully around again, but it wasn't all that much more movement than I usually felt. I only knew for sure it was him doing head down because I had two ultrasounds ~45 minutes apart and he flipped in between.

That being said, when B flipped the following week there was no mistaking it and incredibly painful as she did it by sticking her butt WAAAAY out in front of me. She was also 9.5# at birth so it was a lot of baby to move around.
    DS1: 09.12.10
    DS2 & DD1: 01.14.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"