Working Moms

Emotional about DS's one year tomorrow

Anyone else get extremely emotional? I was snuggling him to put him down for a nap and he fell asleep in my arms. Then I found myself bawling thinking that prime snuggle time was coming to an end and kicking myself for not taking advantage of every single second to snuggle him. I am pregnant, so I'm sure that's part of it, but would love to know if anyone else was a little traumatized by their LO's first year.

Re: Emotional about DS's one year tomorrow

• 1 yo is a great age! Happy bday to your LO. Fwiw- my 4.5 yo still loves snuggle time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a little emotional. Mainly at how quickly time is passing. But she's now 16 months, and she's getting more fun every single day. So my advice is to let yourself feel the melancholy, then remind yourself that the toddler stage is going to be even cooler than the infant stage!
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely remember feeling that way! Although I have to say that my boys got more snuggly as they got older. They didn't particularly love being held when they became mobile (just wanted to move move move) but then really got into the hugs and kisses. Now, every morning my 2 year old climbs out of his bed when he wakes up, walks over to my bedroom and gets in for some snuggles. My favorite time of the day with him.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A lot of women say they felt this way, but I never have with my children. Maybe because they were both very challenging infants. One year olds are very fun. DD cracks me up all day long.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I seem to be enjoying the older stages (mine are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2) and I love how excited DD gets for her birthday as she gets older, but I hate their birthdays.  I really hate that they have to grow up and knowing that while I'm the center of their universe now before long DD, hopefully it's not the same with boys, may very well hate me and want nothing to do with me :(
  • My dd isn't there yet but it makes me so sad that she is so big already.  I know that we are in for alot of fun as she gets bigger but it is amazing how fast it goes.  I see how quickly it went with my nieces.  My niece 6yrs, lost her first tooth this summer and that made me tear up.  I can only imagine how I will be with her.  I definitely am not one to shed a tear normally but things like this do get to me

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was somewhat emotional, but know that 1 to 2 is a GREAT stage and lots of fun!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My DD is four and is going through a new snuggle phase.  I didn't get emotional about it when she was one, because I had a rough time with being the parent of a baby/toddler and was pretty glad to get through it in one piece.  But I definitely find myself teary some mornings, wanting to appreciate every minute of this current phase.  You have plenty of time to appreciate snuggles.
    imageimageimage
  • A little but it only gets better.  DD is 20 months and I LOVE this age.  I still get snuggles and she still falls asleep in my arms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, all. It's nice to hear that I don't have to totally blame hormones and that the snuggles continue. I have to say that being pregnant during my LO's first year has put a damper on things due to the lack of energy. Once they're both here, it's on like Donkey Kong. These kids will think they're getting snuggles from other planets (b/c they'll be gulping for air...).  ;))
  • I was definitely emotional on his birthday. In part because I was convinced he was about to wean (nope), and in part because I'm just sentimental with birthdays, anniversaries, significant dates. But his birthday was a lot of fun and I realized how I was excited for all the things to come. So far, so good. And while he wasn't a particularly snuggly infant, he has become a lot more affectionate and snuggly. He's just started giving me spontaneous kisses and I love it. :)

Happy birthday to your little guy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"