Babies: 6 - 9 Months

pink eye?

I'll be calling the pedi first thing in the morning, but I'm 95% sure my 8 mo has pink eye. Anyone else's LO have this? Did you get eye drops? Did LO fight the drops? How long before it started clearing up?

Re: pink eye?

• Thanks for the feedback!
  • DD goes to day care and had it twice in the last month.  You will probably get drops to treat with for 5 days.  Doesn't hurt to treat yourself, too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • tig594 said:
    DD goes to day care and had it twice in the last month.  You will probably get drops to treat with for 5 days.  Doesn't hurt to treat yourself, too. 

Actually, it could hurt to treat yourself. If it is bacterial, then you are not supposed to be needlessly treating yourself. This is how we get antibacterial resistant bacteria. This is why you're also supposed to take antibacterial medications for the full duration prescribed, not just after symptoms cease as PP mentioned. Otherwise, leftover bacteria can become resistant to the drugs.
  • Just make sure to follow up with lots and lots of handwashing. Pink Eye is super contagious!! I just got over it myself and managed not to give it to LO or DH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi, mom from May13 but a woman on our board thought her LO had pink eye but it was actually excess fluid from an ear infection that was coming out through her eye. I guess all their inner connections are close enough together that it can happen. If your LO has reflux like mine does and her ear canals are swollen shut it, may be a possibility
  • emmy236 said:

Hi, mom from May13 but a woman on our board thought her LO had pink eye but it was actually excess fluid from an ear infection that was coming out through her eye. I guess all their inner connections are close enough together that it can happen. If your LO has reflux like mine does and her ear canals are swollen shut it, may be a possibility

Actually, this is what it was! Pedi said it was an ear infection and the goop in her eyes was pretty much the same as what was trapped in her ear. The dr actually compared it to "a big zit." Ew.
  • emmy236 said:
    Hi, mom from May13 but a woman on our board thought her LO had pink eye but it was actually excess fluid from an ear infection that was coming out through her eye. I guess all their inner connections are close enough together that it can happen. If your LO has reflux like mine does and her ear canals are swollen shut it, may be a possibility
    Yep, that was me @emmy236!! After a day on the amoxicillan for what they determined to be an ear infection, the eye goop cleared right up. We did the full duration of meds, 10 days and she seems to be feeling much better now.  Good luck, OP!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hi, mom from May13 but a woman on our board thought her LO had pink eye but it was actually excess fluid from an ear infection that was coming out through her eye. I guess all their inner connections are close enough together that it can happen. If your LO has reflux like mine does and her ear canals are swollen shut it, may be a possibility
    Actually, this is what it was! Pedi said it was an ear infection and the goop in her eyes was pretty much the same as what was trapped in her ear. The dr actually compared it to "a big zit." Ew.
    Just saw your follow up post, I'm glad you got the answer! So strange, I never would've assumed it was an ear infection! I hope your LO is feeling better soon!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Poor LOs. I'm glad everyone is feeling better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"