High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bleeding

I was taken to the hospital tuesday night due to heavy bleeding, we were told that our son's head is right at my cervix but its closed and thick so its a good thing. i was given meds to stop the contractions and other meds to develop his lungs if he is born earlier than Jan. 
what could have caused the heavy bleeding. The bleeding has completely stopped and i was told by the doctor to take it easy.not to over do it. basically on modified bed rest unless i have to go out. 
Has anyone ever had this happen to them.and what advice could i get to help prevent the bleeding from starting again. 

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    I had heavy bleeding and was put on bed rest at the end of October. I had a bleed on my cervix and that's what cause mine. It's been a month since it happened and I've had ultrasounds every week to monitor it and it's getting better, there hasn't been anymore bleeding except once I had some brown blood but the dr told me to expect that because it's old blood. I'm still on bed rest my dr doesn't want me back at work until the bleed is completely gone and I see him in 3 weeks so I'm hoping it'll be gone by then, the ultrasound tech said it was looking good so fingers crossed. Just make sure you follow dr orders and take it easy, bed rest was hard for me but I just kept thinking about my wonderful little girl and making sure she's safe.
  • Options
    The bleeding has stopped and i have been on "bed"rest since we came home on wednesday per what the doctor said. We go back to the doctor on wednesday. I had to have some blood work done. I had the sugar testing done as well, as other testing. Everyone thinks that i won't make it til christmas. We are hoping and praying that i make it to 35 weeks than i can have the baby locally. 
    Do you mind if i add you as a friend on here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I don't mind at all. I hope you do make it 35 weeks so you get to have the baby where you'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"