VBAC
Options

Uterine prolapse after a VBAC?

I had DD via VBAC almost 6 weeks ago and was just diagnosed with uterine prolapse.

Has anyone dealt with this? I'm worried about dealing with it in general, as well as how it may affect future pregnancies. Any advice/input welcome.

Also, FWIW, I will not be attempting a VBAC with my next pregnancy. I am not saying this to scare anyone, but my recovery has been exceedingly difficult and I have complications that I wasn't even aware were possible. I have a broken tailbone, sprained back muscles, intense constipation for 3 1/2 weeks pp, and now I am dealing with uterine prolapse. None of these complications were discussed with me by my OB (I know they can't cover everything, but the only risk that was really discussed was uterine rupture during labor.)

I am feeling extremely defeated right now. If anyone has any experience with uterine prolapse, I would be so grateful for input.

Thanks!

Re: Uterine prolapse after a VBAC?

• Options
    I don't have any experience with that. This is a small board, so you probably won't find many people who have experienced it here.  

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and having such a tough recovery.  Best wishes to you.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've not heard of anyone with a VBAC having a uterine prolapse, but I do know a couple of women from other boards (on other sites) that have had uterine prolapse after a normal vaginal delivery. One of them is pregnant again now. She's not had any problems with this pregnancy (and she's due at the beginning of January).  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all- I saw my regular doctor, not the on-call one who originally diagnosed me with prolapsed, and he thought that although my uterus was a little lower, he wouldn't say it's a prolapse. Apparently I still had a lot of swelling and things are getting better. Woohooo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"