Attachment Parenting
Options

Funny convo w/ DH

DH and I were on a walk (with DS in the Ergo), and I asked him how old he though DS should be when he weaned. The conversation went like this:
Me: How old do you think DS should be when we wean him?
DH: From sleeping with us?
Me: No, from breastfeeding.
DH: Oh, I don't care. Hey, let's see if Michael is home.

LOL. Apparently I'm good to keep BFing as long as DS wants. :P 

Re: Funny convo w/ DH

• Options
    That's cool. Yeah DH doesn't care either. I think he had an opinion before babies, but once the reality of it all kicked in, as long as the babies are thriving he's fine with whatever.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    That's awesome! Go DH!!!

My DH is very supportive of my decision to nurse DS on demand until he's done, too. It can be tough when we get stares from people in public or comments from family who think it's weird, but I love nursing and it's benefits, and DH knows that and supports me.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is great! When DH and DD are playing and she gets whiny, he deposits her in my lap and requests that I "boob her". This gives him a few min to fiddle with his phone and DD gets a snack and a new attitude. DD is almost 11mo. I don't see a reason to stop BFing.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    "Boob her" might be my new favourite phrase!

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

I love it too! DH always joke around and says, "beer me" when he wants a beer. Maybe we can train DS to say "boob me" when he wants a boob. lol
  • Options
    MommyPhoenixMommyPhoenix member
    edited November 2013
    That's awesome! Good man! ;)

My DH is in support of the Mommy-Baby vote...we do whatever feels right for the both of us, in whatever way we want. :)

• Options
    sucredeesucredee member
    edited November 2013
    That's awesome. DH gave up asking after a couple if years. He never really cared too much but he would ask about it in a non confrontational way once in a great while. DD is happy so who cares. She is 3.5 and only nurses at home now so it doesn't bother anyone (the only NIP she does is on the plane). His Ex wife did both formula and breast and I'm pretty sure she didn't go past a year (if even that long) so it is a new experience for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mrs.AmyDylanMrs.AmyDylan member
    edited November 2013

I told DH that "boob her" is going viral. He grinned. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"