Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

applesauce?

anyone give applesauce? which kind?

Re: applesauce?

• yes.  I make my own.

Just steam peeled apples and put in blender or food processor.  No sugar added.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Motto's natural applesauce
  • Loading the player...
  • We like Fruit Buddies in the squeeze pouches.
  • My son loves his applesauce! But I have to feed it sparingly because it really clogs him up. I usually just buy whatever is low sugar and is on sale.

• Mott's natural. I mix in a little baby cereal for iron.

• yes.  I make my own.

Just steam peeled apples and put in blender or food processor.  No sugar added.
    oh neat!  i'll have to try that sometime!
  • If you just peel and simmer apples they break down, then finish them off with a fork. I put a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and water in. If I feel like sweetening, a dash of real maple syrup. But that's not even necessary. It takes a few minutes then I know there is nothing but apples :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We use the Buddy Fruits pouches. I always throw them in the diaper bag as a back up snack. It's nice because they aren't messy, she can hold it on her own, and my 3 year old eats them too.

• zbeesma86zbeesma86 member
    edited November 2013
    Any kind that is just apples. No sugar, no added junk.
    this. or make it!

when DD was just starting purees I'd make them- boil them and soften them then put in the food processor with a little Cinnamon and done!

edit- wording-again!
  • I buy the kind that is just apples, or I make my own. It really only takes a few minutes to make your own-it's so easy!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Any kind that is just apples. No sugar, no added junk.
    This.  
    I also make my own sometimes.

Steam the apples.  If you like a lumpy sauce, just mash with a potato masher or fork.  Adding a little cinnamon is a nice touch. Or you can add a little water and puree in a blender.  The blender method is great if you want to mix in some other fruit like blueberries or strawberries.  
  • They make organic applesauce which is just organic apples. No other ingredients. That's what I give my son, and he loves it.
  • Mott's natural if we are buying it. Usually my mom and I can a bunch of applesauce in the fall and that lasts us through most of the year. It is really easy to make.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"