Secondary IF

First round of Clomid, not what I expected...

So I started my first round of Clomid this month and it didn't go quite as planned. I had a day 14 ultrasound on Wednesday and they saw one egg! (Good news!) But the egg is smaller than it should have been so she said if I don't get pregnant this cycle she will up the dose next cycle. I should ovulate closer to day 18-20 this cycle so I am using OPK until I see the spike. (Ok news) But the ultrasound was so painful! Every time she moved the wand I was in pain. I was in tears by the time she was done and she never even got a good view of my left ovary. She said it looks like my bladder is what is causing the pain. I'm going to guess that it is leftover pain from a bladder infection I got when I had my tonsils out a few months ago. (Bad news) The next night hubby and I tried to have sex and it was so painful I yelled at him to get out! (Horrible news!!)  I have been having some pain lately but not bad enough to stop me from having sex but enough pain that I don't enjoy it quite as much as normal. Anybody have experience with any of this?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: First round of Clomid, not what I expected...

• I always got really bad O cramps on clomid. Maybe that's it? If it gets worse call your dr on Monday. Good luck!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited November 2013
    KC1212 said:
    I always got really bad O cramps on clomid. Maybe that's it? If it gets worse call your dr on Monday. Good luck!
    Yes, this. Esp** closer to O, which you are pretty close to. It made both my ovaries tender, no matter which side I was going to O from. 

Your fallopian tubes float around in there. My left one usually hangs out behind my uterus until I am mid-end cycle- so I almost always have painful U/S when they're trying to find that side- so I'm guessing it's a similar situation for you. 

Is this your first time using Clomid? You might want to ask your Dr about alternatives if you are having such a bad reaction to a small dose- believe me when I tell you, it only gets worse as they increase the dose. 

Highly unlikely that you'd still be having pain from a bladder infection months ago (if) this is something that's been resolved. I'm guessing it's just the Clomid, but- you might want to rule out a returning bladder infection just to be sure.

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No I was not producing eggs at all before, they wouldn't fully develop and they would just chill in my ovaries until they dissolved or something and I got a positive opk this morning so we'll see :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have done the same thing, especially this month! Hang in there and congrats on a positive OPK!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"