3rd Trimester
Options

Can I request an Ultrasound?

Hello,

I guess I'm kinda new here, havent been on in a while. But i was wondering, I only have had one ultrasound at 20 weeks and my midwives won't do another ultrasound unless I am past my due date.  Can I request one? I would just assume if I requested it, it wouldn't be covered by insurance.

Re: Can I request an Ultrasound?

• Options
    Oh ok, thank you!
  • Options
    I agree with PP. In the majority of OB practices and especially with MWs you only get the one ultrasound at 20 weeks unless they have a concern about something. You can request one but it is more than likely your insurance won't cover it. They only cover (typically) medically necessary procedures. And depending on where you live at, an ultrasound will run $300-400 out of pocket.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are some places that aren't affiliated with the hospital/midwifery where you can pay to have an elective ultra sound done but I couldn't tell you what it would cost.

• Options
    You can request one, but your doctor is free to say no because it's not medical necessity.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just look around and see if there is somewhere around where you live that does 3D ultrasounds, I had one at 15 week to see what we were having and it only cost  50$ I also had the 3D at 25 weeks and it was 75$
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"