Late Term and Child Loss

GTKY: Ask a Bumpie

Saw this on the TTCAL board and thought this would be a fun distraction for all of us. Pick a Bumpie and ask them a question, once you have been asked you answer their question and post one for someone else. People can choose to answer or pass. :)@OSUWifey09 do you find building friendships is hard due to being a military spouse because you know someone will be PCS'ing in a few years? I am dealing so that now as I have met some really awesome military wives but they will be leaving soon. :(@AJCagle82 what made you want to become a lawyer? @kz's_girlygirl what would be the ultimate Christmas gift you would want this year from your hubby? Let's have some fun ladies!!! :)
imageimageimageimageimage 

Re: GTKY: Ask a Bumpie

• What made me decide to become a lawyer? 
    I have always had a passion for helping those who either can't or don't know how to help themselves. I've been like this since I was little. I can't stand injustice and I honestly believe everyone should be treated equally without prejudice. I really want to give back. I know there is a stigma that goes along with being a lawyer, but I've found that the majority of people I was in school with feel the same as I do. Yes, there are crappy, underhanded attorneys out there, but there are some really good people in the field who just want to help make a difference. 

@irons633, what is your favorite holiday and why?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @AJCagle82 I used to want to be a lawyer for a long time but allowed myself to get sidetracked. Glad you have that feelings and I am glad that you are apart of the justice system to help others. I would have to say Christmas even though these past two Christmases will be spent thinking about my babies and how it would be nice to share with them. But I love the family traditions and what Christmas stands for and just that feeling of love and joy around.

• Loading the player...
  • @irons633 - what family traditions do you celebrate during Christmas?

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @mingaling2 my family normally opens a gift on Christmas Eve to hold us over until Christmas Day. My moms family is big on card games so we play and reminisce about people who are no longer with us.

• OSUWifey09OSUWifey09 member
    edited November 2013
    ***SIGGY***

@irons633 I'm in a unique situation. Due to job finding issues and deployments, I'm still in our home state and H lives 8 hours away - so I haven't actually interacted with any military spouses yet. We will be moving there this summer, and it will be interesting to see how the dynamic is with making friends. I grew up Army and know how hard it is to make friends when you're afraid that your friend - or you - could be moving at any moment. My hope is that with today's technology, I can still keep any friendships I make at our duty station! I plan to get involved with the FRG and any other squadron activities to make friends, and we'll see what happens.

What branch of service is your H in? [i'm assuming he's in the service...but if it's you that's in the service, please correct me!]

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @OSUWifey09 my hubby is in the Air Force and we are in VA. I'm so ready to move. I grew up Army as well and have the same issues with friendships. I still have good friends that I met while I was growing up. That is good you will do the FRG it can very helpful. Yes with FaceTime Skype texts and email no reason not to. Will your orders be soon? I know it will be nice to be in the same place as your hubby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"