Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Ready for Potty Training???

My daughter is 18 months old and for the past couple of weeks has been holding in her poop. She will keep her legs extremely stiff/tense in an effort to keep it in, especially when I try to change her diaper. I have to force her legs up to where her knees are close to her tummy then she goes immediately because I guess it is harder to hold it in that way. Is she ready for potty training or is something else wrong? Opinions please! Thank you! If you think she's ready for potty training I could really use some tips please. She is my first baby and currently my only one.

Re: Ready for Potty Training???

• Options

We just put my daughter in Huggies 2T-3T pull-ups-cute Disney designs.  But she cannot really talk.  We will probably wait until she is 2 years old, and then try to potty train her. 

And it has been easier to potty train my son now that he talks better, and he is 3 years old.  But I am sure that there are some moms that are able to potty train earlier. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    This sounds more like a stage she's going through than a sign of potty readiness. But it can't hurt to let her sit on the potty when she is doing this and see what happens.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    if stools are hard, I'd think of constipation
  • Options

I don't think it is necessarily a sign of readiness to potty train.  Our little guy holds his poop and when we notice him doing it we have to pick him up put his legs around our waste so he can't hold it.  He struggles with constipation and he most likely does it because he is scared that pooping will hurt.   We were told by his doctor that sometimes the "holding poop" thing can get worse during potty training.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"