Babies on the Brain
Options

anyone get pregnant while breastfeeding? 10 mo

I have not had a cycle yet and my second baby is 10 months old and still BF. I started having cramping and lower back pain today. When I strained to have a BM It almost felt like round ligament pain. I am not on any bc and we aren't preventing but not actively trying. Wondering if this is a cycle getting ready to start or possible pregnancy. Anyone get pregnant while breastfeeding?

Re: anyone get pregnant while breastfeeding? 10 mo

• Options
    edited November 2013

Lots of women get PG while BFing, with or without a cycle returning as you can ovulate before your period comes back. 

I got pregnant last month while BFing my 16 month old (we were only on our 2nd month trying) although it ended in a chemical pregnancy.  If you don't want to get PG now make sure you get on some BC.

Good luck!

ETA, if you are worried you are pregnant take a test.  And you can always temp to see if you are ovulating.  Check out the TTGP board for more info.

• Options
    we are not preventing. I was just wondering how many have experienced this :) thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had at least 6 friends get pregnant while BF. A couple of their kids are less than 14 months apart.
  • Options
    I have gotten pregnant 3 times while breast feeding.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    I got pregnant with my twins while breastfeeding and never had regular cycles between the pregnancies. The cramping could be caused by any number of things so if you think you could be pregnant you should go ahead and take a test.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"