March 2012 Moms

changing bedtime sleep time

7:30-8 has always been DD bedtime, or at least since we decided to get her more on a schedule, but it's been a while now.  I have noticed that lately she has not been wanting to go to sleep at that time but more like 8:30.  Sometimes she will sit in her bed and play like she did last night or sometimes she will cry.  Either way her bedtime ends up being later then the usual 7:30-8.  Has anyone else experienced this with their LO? I hate to move it up but anymore 8:30 seems to be the time she wants to go to sleep. I just don't want to set myself with right now it's 8:30 then it will be 9 and so forth. 
BFP 1/18/11 - LAP discovered ectopic and had removal of right tube 2/11/11 * BFP 6/2/11-CP 6/3/11 * BFP 7/1/11 - EDD March 11,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: changing bedtime sleep time

• We lay DD down around 7:30. She will usually fart around with a few stuffed animals until 8/8:30 and then fall asleep. I really don't care that she's still awake in her crib. She doesn't mind and it's not like I fall asleep immediately when I lay down in bed. I don't see why you need to lay her down any later.
  • I agree with PP.  DD doesn't go to sleep right away either, but I think she needs the time to unwind.  We still put her down and just expect 30 min of play/talking until she falls asleep.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm over here just jealous that all your kids still stay in bed when you lay them down, mine has mastered scaling out of the crib in the past week.  I used to lay him down at 9 pm right after his bath and he would just snuggle up with his fp seahorse and drift off to dreamland for 12 hours straight.  Bedtime is now irrelevant, no matter what time I lay him down he screams and crawls out of the crib.  I've read stories, I've rocked, I've snuggled, I've turned the light on and given him a book to look at in bed...  Two nights ago he was literally up from 1 am to 6 am and just conked out when it was time for me to get big brother up and ready for preschool.  Even when I resorted to letting him snuggle in bed with me he layed there with his eyes wide open for hours.  I really hope the novelty wears off when we convert to the toddler bed this weekend, because I have no way of getting him to go to sleep now.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks. Like you all said since she is awake and most of the time just playing I guess it really does not matter.  Never really thought if it as her way of winding down lol! 
    BFP 1/18/11 - LAP discovered ectopic and had removal of right tube 2/11/11 * BFP 6/2/11-CP 6/3/11 * BFP 7/1/11 - EDD March 11,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • namcgee said:
    I'm over here just jealous that all your kids still stay in bed when you lay them down, mine has mastered scaling out of the crib in the past week.  I used to lay him down at 9 pm right after his bath and he would just snuggle up with his fp seahorse and drift off to dreamland for 12 hours straight.  Bedtime is now irrelevant, no matter what time I lay him down he screams and crawls out of the crib.  I've read stories, I've rocked, I've snuggled, I've turned the light on and given him a book to look at in bed...  Two nights ago he was literally up from 1 am to 6 am and just conked out when it was time for me to get big brother up and ready for preschool.  Even when I resorted to letting him snuggle in bed with me he layed there with his eyes wide open for hours.  I really hope the novelty wears off when we convert to the toddler bed this weekend, because I have no way of getting him to go to sleep now.

Do you have amazon Prime? if you do look in the video section for Babys First Sweet Dreams Lullabies Music And Art  they have Parts 1-3 on there ... worked a treat for us.  I bought the video too..it's only about $5 and worth every penny to be able to play it anywhere. Maybe it will work for you guys too.  We started off watching it snuggled up on the sofa together and he would zoink.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also just put DD down at 7:30 and she will sometimes fall asleep by 8, sometimes by 8:30. If she skipped a nap or is really tired, I put her down at 7.

I try to not put her down much after 7:30. That time between when she goes to bed and when we go to bed is our time. I do not want to make that even less time. She usually just lays there and talks to her monkey until she is ready to fall asleep. If she starts seriously crying, one of us goes in and makes sure she is okay (sometimes she still gets her foot stuck in the crib slats) but that is rare that she cries.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Wipz said:
    namcgee said:
    I'm over here just jealous that all your kids still stay in bed when you lay them down, mine has mastered scaling out of the crib in the past week.  I used to lay him down at 9 pm right after his bath and he would just snuggle up with his fp seahorse and drift off to dreamland for 12 hours straight.  Bedtime is now irrelevant, no matter what time I lay him down he screams and crawls out of the crib.  I've read stories, I've rocked, I've snuggled, I've turned the light on and given him a book to look at in bed...  Two nights ago he was literally up from 1 am to 6 am and just conked out when it was time for me to get big brother up and ready for preschool.  Even when I resorted to letting him snuggle in bed with me he layed there with his eyes wide open for hours.  I really hope the novelty wears off when we convert to the toddler bed this weekend, because I have no way of getting him to go to sleep now.

Do you have amazon Prime? if you do look in the video section for Babys First Sweet Dreams Lullabies Music And Art  they have Parts 1-3 on there ... worked a treat for us.  I bought the video too..it's only about $5 and worth every penny to be able to play it anywhere. Maybe it will work for you guys too.  We started off watching it snuggled up on the sofa together and he would zoink.

We converted the crib to the toddler bed yesterday and he loved being able to crawl in himself.  I let him and big brother have a sleepover last night.  It took them awhile to actually go to sleep, but no crying and he curled right up with his seahorse with his bum in the air like he used to.  They both came to visit me at about 3 am, but it was definitely progress!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Agree with all of the above. Jake is a wallower (like his momma). We put him down (8pm) and he usually cozies into bed for about 30 minutes before falling asleep. Same thing in the morning. He'll barely wake up and move around for a little while before he really wants to get up. There usually aren't a lot of tears unless he's just overtired. In which case he's right where he needs to be! :)
    I actually think its a good thing. It teaches them that you set the bedtimes and awake times. It also allows them to entertain themselves for a bit as they chill out.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @nicb13 Thanks! It's our Christmas card this year :)
  • On same boat here. I used to take his bath around 7:30 and DS would fall asleep by 8pm...now its turning more like 8:30 so now i take his bath at 8.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"