Pre-School and Daycare

any good games for 4-5 yr old w/ math concepts in it?

PreK teacher told me in our conference that DS really seems interested in math concepts when they do them in school & it holds his attention (which is not hte case w/ some other things)... any ideas for good games appropriate for 4-5 yrs old that might include some math concepts beyond basic counting? we have chutes & ladders and a bunch of other things but most don't really seem to be math oriented that I can think of.
Thanks!

Re: any good games for 4-5 yr old w/ math concepts in it?

• One of our friend's 4-year old plays Monopoly. I'm not sure to what extent she actually plays the game and remembers all of the concepts, but maybe there are aspects of it your LO could do - like counting the money. There's also Monopoly Junior, which says it's for 5 - 8 years so it might be good.

My DD seems to really like math as well, so I might look into this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think I remember reading in another post that sneaky snacky squirrel has math concepts. I put it on my list for that reason :-)

• Loading the player...
  • To add to my own post, I saw Race to the Treasure, which is listed for 5-8, but looks like it could be ok for 4+ if they get into it.  That brand makes a number of games that are 'cooperative', which as a parent of twins, I like so they don't get into who 'wins', etc.
  • Hi Ho Cherr-i-o is probably basic addition and subtraction (take cherries away from a the tree, put them back).  
  • Trouble is a good one. Good practice for counting with one to one correspondence and also since you have four "guys" to move you have to use some problem solving to figure out your best move. Dominoes are also great for recognizing dot patterns and also adding up the total.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"