Blended Families

Declining skin to skin

SigirSigir member
edited November 2013 in Blended Families
There is a post on my BMB about a mom considering declining skin to skin. I feel like posting "be careful! don't you know that will make you an unfit mother and one day your ex's bsc gf will try to use it as proof to take your child from you! So whatever you do, make sure it's not caught on video!"

Good advice, yes?

Re: Declining skin to skin

• What are her reasons? That doesn't sound like a common request.
  • Haha I love it! Perfect advice!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you read it, it is not all that unreasonable. She just wants to keep her bra on, perhaps a nursing bra. Honestly, not everyone falls into the category "im not gonna care during labor". I certainly wanted to preserve some human dignity during the process. And while I did have immediate skin contact with my baby, I also didnt want to let it all hang out in front of a bunch of people. I received guests after both me and baby were nicely cleaned up and tucked in.
  • I was just joking re that BSC BM that dd last week. My jokes always fall flat!
  • Sigir said:
    I was just joking re that BSC BM that dd last week. My jokes always fall flat!
    I got you right away lol.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I got your joke. I just wondered what her reasoning was.
  • She is a ftm and just does not know what to expect/ is modest.
  • Shoot I don't think I had any thoughts of anything besides baby when I was in labor. Anything I had consciously chosen during pregnancy all went out the window. Lol.

Another case of simply not knowing what to expect for me.
  • I got your joke, sigir. I was responding more to marys question because I was wondering the same thing. So, i went ahead and read the op. It totally made sense where she was coming from.
  • Ita and reinforces how bsc that poster was!
  • I got it right away!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"