VBAC
Options

Second vbac: where's my passion?

Hey ladies! I am the mother of 3 (vaginal with shoulder dystopia, csection @ 33 weeks because I was dumb, and succesful VBAC in 2009). Pregnant now, due in July. I vividly remembering feeling extremely passionate about having a VBAC last time. Even threatened to leave the hospital when csection was suggested by the on call dr. I am forever thankful for my VBAC too because my son was transferred hours after birth and I was able to be discharged and go with him which wouldn't have happened if I was sectioned. This time around tho I don't feel the urgency that I did before. Is this normal for a second vbac? I still definitely want to vbac and know all the benefits and risks...I just don't feel as overwhelmed about it this time. Anyone else experienced this?

Re: Second vbac: where's my passion?

• Options
    I'm feeling the same way right now.  I prefer to deliver vaginally again, but yeah, I don't feel the driving passion to do so that I felt the first time around.  Which I think might be better.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting to this post a little late in the game, but I'd love to comment. I had a VBAC 2 years ago. It was successful but it had a ton of complications, including a vacuum delivery. I'm just not willing anymore to do whatever it takes to have a vaginal birth. I'm due in 6 weeks and while I'm going to try for a VBAC, if I experience any complications at all, if my baby's heartrate looks weird or he's not happy in any way, I'm going for a c-section. After giving birth twice already and having drama both times, I've given up on having some kind of magical, spiritual birth. Just get the kid out safely and let's all get on with our lives. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting to this post a little late in the game, but I'd love to comment. I had a VBAC 2 years ago. It was successful but it had a ton of complications, including a vacuum delivery. I'm just not willing anymore to do whatever it takes to have a vaginal birth. I'm due in 6 weeks and while I'm going to try for a VBAC, if I experience any complications at all, if my baby's heartrate looks weird or he's not happy in any way, I'm going for a c-section. After giving birth twice already and having drama both times, I've given up on having some kind of magical, spiritual birth. Just get the kid out safely and let's all get on with our lives. 
    I think this is a good way to approach things.  I hope your delivery is as drama-free as possible this time though. :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, all of this! I'm due in 3 weeks with my 3rd. I blamed so many issues on my c-section with my first. My 2nd was VBAC but just barely, and I've come to realize it was still pretty damned horrible. My kids have giant heads and it takes a lot to push them out and puts them under a lot of stress. This time I am torn on what to do, but ultimately just don't care very much.
  • Options
    I'm grateful for posts I can relate to . I'm considering a vbac but not as passionate as many on this board . I didn't hate my c section but am curious about a vaginal birth. A healthy baby is the most important not a birth experience. But the risks scare me and many on this board seem completely one sided.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"