Potty Training
Options

Early potty training - how to start?

Hi, my daughter's just turning one. She's been dry through the night since she was tiny (started having dry diapers most mornings around 2-3 months), and is dry for 4 hours at a time in the day. She hates being wet, too - she'll pull off a wet diaper if she hasn't got pants on, and usually starts whining when she starts peeing (she's in cloth diapers, but even when we occasionally use disposables, she lets us know when she's not absolutely dry.) We've been putting her on the toilet in the morning since she started sitting well, and she often will pee and sometimes poop (provided we get her while the diaper is still dry). Other than sticking her on the toilet

I really am not sure when and how to move forward with toilet training. I think she's physically ready, and she can sit and stand on her own. We can keep her in diapers for a while, no big deal, but I keep thinking that there's no reason not to give it a try sometime in the next few months.

So, am I nuts? (tell me why! I really want to know) What's the best book/website to read about potty training on the earlier side of things? I was planning to put stairs in front of the toilet and just let her sit for a while every hour. Should I wait for 18 months, or some other time?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Early potty training - how to start?

• Options
    I have no advice but am looking for the same!  I'd like to try to start this summer (I'm a teacher so that would be the most convenient time).  DD will be 18 months, which I know is still a little early for most kids.  Of course, I'll back off it she doesn't seem ready but I don't even know where to begin with potty training besides putting them on the toilet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"