Blended Families

ok, does anyone watch... (TV)

Does anyone watch Walking Dead?

With Twister and Jo talking about 1D and their TV shows, I decided to find some club mates of my own.

Or am I the only weirdo who loves watching decrepit dead people rip apart surviving humans? Seriously, I LIVE for this show. I know it was a comic first, but now they need to write a novel series based on it. Oh, how it makes me jump for joy!

Re: ok, does anyone watch... (TV)

• CurlyQ284CurlyQ284 member
    edited November 2013
    Who DOESNT watch WD?!
    *spoilers*

I'm annoyed that the fence fell down and Rick is in tje yard marveling at his peas. Fix the fence moron! Plenty of time for crops later!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love that show!! I hope next week isn't as slow.
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Walking Dead fanatic, party of one right here! I can never get enough of the living dead brutally murdering weak little humans, haha!
  • I love Walking Dead! I wish the story line would stop getting in the way of the zombie action!

*spoilers*

I hate when they're holed up in a town or the jail. I like the dynamic terror of them all being on the road. I thought the most stressful episode was the one where they were in that huge traffic jam scavenging for stuff. I was on the edge of my seat with them hiding under cars and stuff.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• ghostice said:

I love Walking Dead! I wish the story line would stop getting in the way of the zombie action!

*spoilers*

I hate when they're holed up in a town or the jail. I like the dynamic terror of them all being on the road. I thought the most stressful episode was the one where they were in that huge traffic jam scavenging for stuff. I was on the edge of my seat with them hiding under cars and stuff.

Yes! I liked the farm season too. Not so secure.

I want to know who was talking on the radio when they were making the run for meds. Why isnt anyone else like "holy shit guys! Someone on the radio! We need to get back to the area to see if we can hear something!"
  • CurlyQ284 said:
    I love Walking Dead! I wish the story line would stop getting in the way of the zombie action!

*spoilers*

Yes! I liked the farm season too. Not so secure. I want to know who was talking on the radio when they were making the run for meds. Why isnt anyone else like "holy shit guys! Someone on the radio! We need to get back to the area to see if we can hear something!"
    Exactly, I mean for all they know there could be actual civilization, or at least something helpful just over the next hill. Radio is a definite indicator of OTHERS. Even if they re nutso like the Gov, it seems like something that you should investigate. Knowledge is power, yo.

image  image

• Oh, and did anyone else see that they are going to do a spinoff show? They aren't saying what it is exactly yet, but the popular opinion is that it will be another group of survivors located somewhere else. Exciting!

image  image

• Random thoughts with lots of spoilers:

Is anyone else disheartened when there isn't a constant daily stab patrol? I don't think I'd just ignore a zombie by the fence. Stab it! One less for later! Let's use our time wisely here. Rick just playing Farmer Joe drove me nuts.

At first I was impressed at a cart full of guns by the fence for emergencies. (When shit went down with Rick and Carl.) Then my husband asked what happened when it rained? Good point, husband! There was no awning or cover around. Seems better to cover them than to wheel them around, yeah?

I am so sad Rick kicked Carol out. I mean, I understand why, but I don't care. I'd like to see what she's doing. In fact, forget the jail, and let's follow Carol.

Ugh, will the Governor just go away? I don't need to see his softer side. I'm done with that story. We have enough little side dramas with the jail folk. More zombies! Although, I liked the episode all on its own. Seeing how a family could live off a truck of food this long was neat. I couldn't sleep with a zombie in the apartment above me making noise!

• coopsbaby said:
    Oh, and did anyone else see that they are going to do a spinoff show? They aren't saying what it is exactly yet, but the popular opinion is that it will be another group of survivors located somewhere else. Exciting!

Ooo! I love the open-endedness of this show. As long as they never kill every zombie or find a cure, it can go on indefinitely. Kill off these characters; find these survivors.... Forever and ever.

• ghostice said:
    Random thoughts with lots of spoilers:

Is anyone else disheartened when there isn't a constant daily stab patrol? I don't think I'd just ignore a zombie by the fence. Stab it! One less for later! Let's use our time wisely here. Rick just playing Farmer Joe drove me nuts.

At first I was impressed at a cart full of guns by the fence for emergencies. (When shit went down with Rick and Carl.) Then my husband asked what happened when it rained? Good point, husband! There was no awning or cover around. Seems better to cover them than to wheel them around, yeah?

I am so sad Rick kicked Carol out. I mean, I understand why, but I don't care. I'd like to see what she's doing. In fact, forget the jail, and let's follow Carol.

Ugh, will the Governor just go away? I don't need to see his softer side. I'm done with that story. We have enough little side dramas with the jail folk. More zombies! Although, I liked the episode all on its own. Seeing how a family could live off a truck of food this long was neat. I couldn't sleep with a zombie in the apartment above me making noise!
    I think I agree with every bit of what you said. I'm pretty sure (since I read lots of online spoilers) that the governor won't be around much longer, and I won't miss him a damn bit. And I really liked Carol, was sad to see her go. I think she was intriguing. 

image  image

• coopsbaby said:
     I'm pretty sure (since I read lots of online spoilers) that the governor won't be around much longer, and I won't miss him a damn bit. And I really liked Carol, was sad to see her go. I think she was intriguing. 
    I sure hope not. I can't stand him. Last week's episode was so boring, IDGAF about him and what he's been up to. But now that he has that family, I think he will be around for a little bit.

I agree with @ghostice that they should have fence patrol every day. I never got the reasoning behind why they just leave them there to build up. Did they not see that coming?! And its not like they are wasting perfectly good bullets on them either.....

Am I the only one that thinks Daryl and Michonne have a little "bond" or something going on?!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• KTdidit said:
    coopsbaby said:
     I'm pretty sure (since I read lots of online spoilers) that the governor won't be around much longer, and I won't miss him a damn bit. And I really liked Carol, was sad to see her go. I think she was intriguing. 
    I sure hope not. I can't stand him. Last week's episode was so boring, IDGAF about him and what he's been up to. But now that he has that family, I think he will be around for a little bit.

I agree with @ghostice that they should have fence patrol every day. I never got the reasoning behind why they just leave them there to build up. Did they not see that coming?! And its not like they are wasting perfectly good bullets on them either.....

Am I the only one that thinks Daryl and Michonne have a little "bond" or something going on?!
    And really, what else is there to do. It's not like they have facebook and netflix to suck up all their time. I think it would be a good boredom killer. Got nothing to do? Kill some zombies!

image  image

• I would make a trench around the fence line so the zombies go in the trench and then burn it every so often to clear it out. PLUS reinforcing the fence.
  • CurlyQ284 said:

I would make a trench around the fence line so the zombies go in the trench and then burn it every so often to clear it out. PLUS reinforcing the fence.

Awesome idea but too late for it now because there are too many zombies outside to do long-term work or construction.

I was glad at first that the governor was gone, but now I am super intrigued by this development with the family and ending up near the prison again.

Anyone else think that it's possible this is like 28 Days Later and that life has continued on normally elsewhere? I mean, right now, all this is taking place very close to Atlanta. We haven't met anyone who didn't start out in the area when the zombie apocalypse began.
  • I am obsessed too. Remember the farm season tho when they went to town and came across those guys, Randall or something? They were supposed to from around Philadelphia if I remember right.
  • I love zombies but this show disappointed me. I thought the female characters were so weak, at least early on, so I stopped watching.
  • Sigir said:
    I love zombies but this show disappointed me. I thought the female characters were so weak, at least early on, so I stopped watching.
    Carol got badass and you didn't meet Michonne. Both of Herschel's daughters are pretty good asskickers. Laurie and Andrea drove me nuts with the need for rescue, but I've been happy with most of the other females. 

• ghostice said:
    Sigir said:
    I love zombies but this show disappointed me. I thought the female characters were so weak, at least early on, so I stopped watching.
    Carol got badass and you didn't meet Michonne. Both of Herschel's daughters are pretty good asskickers. Laurie and Andrea drove me nuts with the need for rescue, but I've been happy with most of the other females. 
    Yeah, the chicks are way more ass-licking than they were at the start. I was glad when Andrea dies. She ticked me off.

image  image

• We watch Walking Dead but I don't LOVE the show anymore. I feel like they hve gotten to be much slower then before. My favorite shows are Sons of Anarchy and Criminal minds. Plus American Horror Story and Boardealk Empire are great.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • We watch Walking Dead but I don't LOVE the show anymore. I feel like they hve gotten to be much slower then before. My favorite shows are Sons of Anarchy and Criminal minds. Plus American Horror Story and Boardealk Empire are great.
    Oh we LOVE American Horror Story. Dh works in the evenings so he's at work when it airs the first time on Wednesdays, I always have to promise that I won't watch it without him and we watch it when it re-airs at like 12:30am. Except sometimes I watch it earlier and pretend I don't because I can't help myself. #noshame

image  image

• I'm with @Wendilea. I like me some Pretty Little Liars, Ravenswood, Sister Wives, Bones, Modern Family, and I am still mourning that Dexter is over.
  • Game of Thrones. Winter is Coming guys.
  • coopsbaby said:
    ghostice said:
    Sigir said:
    Yeah, the chicks are way more ass-licking than they were at the start. I was glad when Andrea dies. She ticked me off.
    I have to point out the bolded and fall out of my chair laughing now. lol!

I LOVED Laurie! I think the deep personal struggle in her life, both dependent and independent of Rick is what had me so attached to her. I bawled like a BABY when she died. I never thought they would kill her off. I thought she would miscarry the baby. And when I say I bawled like a baby, I mean snot-sobbing and wailing so horribly the whole house came running (I watch the show by myself here, DH isn't interested), and DS kept trying to console me. I didn't stop until well after the show had gone off.

I don't keep up with any other shows. My only other staple is Law & Order: SVU. I can watch it all freaking day. And HGTV, of course.
  • Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Homeland and Grey's Anatomy are my favs. Sleepy Hollow, Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, True Blood, Hostages, Mad Men and Glee are my filler shows. DD likes Revolution so I watch that with her.

And DH and I started Season 1 of Breaking Bad.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• ambrvan said:
    coopsbaby said:
    ghostice said:
    Sigir said:
    I have to point out the bolded and fall out of my chair laughing now. lol!

I LOVED Laurie! I think the deep personal struggle in her life, both dependent and independent of Rick is what had me so attached to her. I bawled like a BABY when she died. I never thought they would kill her off. I thought she would miscarry the baby. And when I say I bawled like a baby, I mean snot-sobbing and wailing so horribly the whole house came running (I watch the show by myself here, DH isn't interested), and DS kept trying to console me. I didn't stop until well after the show had gone off.

I don't keep up with any other shows. My only other staple is Law & Order: SVU. I can watch it all freaking day. And HGTV, of course.
    Now that would make it, um... interesting! You can tell I never proofread my posts!

image  image

• Game of Thrones is number one for me since I've been a fan of the books (and trying like hell to get people to read them) for yeeeaars!
    Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad (RIP), American Horror Story, Downton Abbey, Mad Men, Dexter (RIP), Sherlock, and Doctor Who rank next. I'd say Orange is the New Black, but that's only been one season.
    And my filler shows are Sleepy Hollow, Bones, and Once Upon A Time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"