One & Done: Only child

Sibling Vent

Ok let me preface this by saying I LOVE my siblings they are my family and I wouldn't  change that for the world.....but...

OMG I am tired tired tired of trying to force a relationship that is not there and feeling an disappointment that I can't make it happen because we are family.  I am always the one to call, invite over for meals, trying and arrange get togethers and I am just done, not to mention being turned down 50% of the time because they are too busy,  seriously have not seen one sibling in a month and they live 5 minutes away!

Mostly I am mad with myself for feeling that I need to make this work and that it makes me feel sad.  I need to get over it!!! Blah....usually I just let it roll off of me but today it is getting me down.  And I am looking at myself and thinking...is it me?

So counter argument for the busy bodies that claim that you need to give your child a sibling so they can have that "special" bond. 

Rant over! 

Re: Sibling Vent

• Thanks every ine for the support. Just having a woe is me moment. OhBenji that is EXACTLY how I find it with my sister! I am blessed with awesome girlfriends and it amazes me how they are the first to offer to help out or do something nice or thoughtful and make an effort over my family. So very lucky that way. So true that being family does not automatically mean being close! I think it is just the expectation or pressure (self induced on my part) that we should be.
  • I have an older sister and a younger brother. My brother and I have a good relationship but I haven't spoken to my sister in years. She has a lot of issues with drugs and alcohol and has a serious pity party going on 24/7. I have no desire to be around her or speak to her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"