Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recaro Performance Ride or Chicco Nextfit?

I'm trying to decide which convertible seat to go with. Unfortunately I have a smaller car (Kia Spectra) and although one day I hope to get a van it probably won't be happening for at least a couple of years. So fit is a concern.

The Chicco Nextfit seemed perfect until I read about the huge shoulder pads that can't be removed and make tightening the harness correctly difficult. I don't want to worry if i have DS strapped in correctly. I really like the different recline positions though which seem to help it fit different cars.

The Recaro seems like an excellent seat but it seems like it's harder to install and I'm not sure yet if I want to buy more than one seat yet so ease of installation is a factor. Also I'm pretty sure the seat cover isn't machine washable which seems crazy to me. And it can only be used in (one) recline position rear-facing and no recline front-facing.

Any advice is appreciated!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

Re: Recaro Performance Ride or Chicco Nextfit?

• Options
    Don't do the Recaro. Its VERY short on leg room and it sits up high which makes it hard to get your child in and out of the seat.  I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to rear face for awhile.  I would do the Nextfit. I hear that it gets easier to tighten as you go and that once you get a method down that works, you are good.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    The Recaro isn't recommended as it's got bad leg room. You may want to check in car seats for the littles
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks I did not know about the leg room issue.

• Options
    I love my nextfit. So easy to install. And the straps aren't too hard to tighten, just pull the shoulder straps down before tightening.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I have decided to get the Nextfit! :)

• Options
    Both of my kids (2 and 1 yr) are in Recaro ProRides and have plenty of room. They love their seats. I find them very easy to install with the latch system. We have 4 of them (2 in each car) but sometimes I will uninstall them from my car and re-install them into another car at daycare drop off if I know a family member other than DH will be picking them up that day and it only takes me about 10 mins at the very most to move 2 of them. I tried putting my 2 yr old in the Chicco at the store but he seemed squished compared to the Recaro.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    I actually think that any Nextfit manufactured after Oct 1, 2013 will have new shoulder pads that are less bulky and that they have also okay-ed the removal of the current shoulder pads. Just thought that I'd pass along the info. I think it's a much smarted seat purchase, so I'd personally go that route!
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sdb421 said:
    I actually think that any Nextfit manufactured after Oct 1, 2013 will have new shoulder pads that are less bulky and that they have also okay-ed the removal of the current shoulder pads. Just thought that I'd pass along the info. I think it's a much smarted seat purchase, so I'd personally go that route!
    This!
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    i have the nextfit and love it.. fits wonderfully in my prius.. well padded and LO seems very comfy
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have one Ricaro and a britax. The Ricaro does sit up high. Otherwise we love it. Dd seems very comfy in it. Installation is easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"