One & Done: Only child
Options

Vent

So I'm one of several admins in a local mom's group... except I'm not local right now because of dh's job. I had been creating the events, playdates, etc. (which is not hard, you just have to remember to do them) but I passed the torch. And the torch was totally dropped. And I'm back to making events that I can't effing attend because I'M NOT THERE. It wouldn't be so bad (because, to be fair, working moms can't attend many events either), except that I'm also having a really hard time with depression right now. I don't know anyone here, I'm struggling to meet people because depression+introversion=isolation. So creating events for the moms back home -- events that I used to go to but can no longer actually attend -- is like a slap in the face. And yes, I've said something to them before. And it feels petty, but I'm seriously about to peace out over this.

/vent
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent

• Options
    That really stinks. I believe my local Meetup has several people who can add events. Might there be a few people who can help? I can see where it would be frustrating. Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks all. It's just frustrating. We are out here until April or May, so not too long but a decent amount of time. There are 6 other people (the other admins) who can create events. Actually, any member could create events, but there are close to 500 people in the group so we try to keep regular events in the calendar and that falls on the admins.

I did manage to find a group out here, but it's so small (like 4 people). I miss my friends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"