Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just packed up my maternity clothes

I had my D&C yesterday, and while I'm feeling fine physically and so relieved that the worst is over (I've known I miscarried for over a week and a half), I didn't think packing up my maternity clothes would be so hard. I got my "bloat bump" about 2 weeks ago and I love how I felt and looked in my maternity clothes. Its just the final straw emotionally. No one tells you how hard this is. I know it was a blighted ovum and so it was technically not a baby, but as a mom, I fell in love with it from the moment I knew it was coming. And this is even harder because we'd been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half. My first miscarriage was so much easier because I didn't know I'd been pregnant til after it happened. This just sucks.

Re: Just packed up my maternity clothes

• I'm sorry for your loss and sorry you find yourself here.  The first few weeks were the hardest for me... since then I've had good and bad days.  Praying you find more good than bad days soon.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• I'm so sorry for ur loss. I packed up my maternity clothes last weekend. After I just got them out from the attic and washed them. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss! It does just suck! Thats what I kept saying and I'm still saying. Thoughts and prayers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS born 04/25/2012
    BFP- 09/05/2013
    Ectopic Pregnancy Diagnosis- 09/17/2013
    We have a Guardian Angel
    BFP- 03/02/2014, EDD 11/13/2014
  • I'm very sorry for your loss! That really sucks :-( Hang in there . . . I can tell you that it does get easier with time. I still have certain triggers, but give yourself time to digest everything that has happened and to heal. *hugs*
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • I'm going through the same thing now, and I found out yesterday that I had a blighted ovum and no fetal matter had developed. I was excited and getting used to my bloat bump, and looking forward to finally seeing a dot on the ultrasound which showed my baby, but instead there was nothing, and the embryonic sac remained the same in size. Now I will have to have it pass through me, or have a D&C. Was looking forward to a special and happy holiday season being pregnanct, and now everything in my world has changed. At least now I feel like I'm not alone, knowing so many of us on here have gone through this loss together. It helps to discuss it. And I'm so sorry for your loss :(
  •  I'm sorry for your loss,OP.

My PGAL brain didn't allow me to buy any clothes (short story-last full term preg was 10 years ago so my stuff is long gone, had m/c in may lived in sweats and yoga pants) but with the cooler weather this months, a sweet friend gave me a few things. I have them folded up on the dresser-gonna ask her if she wants them back or what. I don't think she does but I kinda don't want to see them. But I want to use them again. So I don't know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"