TTC after 35
Options

Embryo Donation/Adoption

After TTC for 2 years with 5 rounds of IUI and 2 rounds of IVF (one with only 4 retrieved and 2 fertilized and the other 6 retrieved, 3 fertilized) and still no pregnancy, we are beginning to look into Embryo "Adoption" thinking that my age (43) is our primary issue with old rotten eggs.  We are Christian and believe that life begins at conception and if we had any snowbabies and had completed our family we would have donated them to another couple looking to grow a family.  I am wondering if anyone has gone this route, what clinic you used and if you have any other comments for us.  The process is about the same cost as IVF it seems but not as expensive as egg donation.
Thanks!

Re: Embryo Donation/Adoption

• Options
    Check out the Third Party Reproduction board. There are a bunch of ladies using donor embryos (as well as donor eggs, sperm and surrogacy) GL :-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    I would do it in a heartbeat but my DH isn't on board at the moment.... How cool to give birth to your adopted child!  It isn't for everyone but I think it is a wonderful way to build a family..

liz4paws  has some great info on this and an excellent blog.... I think she posts on the IF board and #rd Party board...

good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are considering using donor embryo, as well as egg donor options. I hadn't thought about embryo donation as "adoption", but it really is, isn't it?? How awesome.

Good luck to you. xo

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"