August 2011 Moms

Laughing at inappropriate times...

I certainly don't want to scar him or encourage bad behavior, but sometimes...  just sometimes, it's all so freakin' funny!!

There has been a couple of times I have LOL'd because Hank used a swear word correctly.  I have certainly chuckled to myself when they throw a tantrum so EPIC that these kids could've written the book on it.  If you've seen "Reasons my son is crying," I could keep a blog like that.  And, sometimes, it's funny or endearing all the emotions that the kids have to live through.

Then, come the injuries.  Well, not serious injuries.  More like boo-boos.  

Otis was climbing on a play structure by my parents' house.  So, he was not familiar with it, but he handled it like a champ.  UNTIL...  He climbed up a small rock wall next to the pole that you slide down.  He gets halfway up the wall, turns and sees the pole.  Says, "Look, Mommy, Sam!!"  He was telling me it was like the pole from Fireman Sam.  Then, before I can acknowledge him, he's reached out and grabbed the pole and completely let go of the rock wall.  Then, falls a foot and a half into the bark.  

He started whining, and I had to muffle my chuckling.  

You guys ever get caught laughing at inappropriate times?
Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Laughing at inappropriate times...

• C overheard my H say "G*ddamn it" to the dog 1 too many times, and he started to say it.  When he was mad at me, or towards the dog, etc.  It was hard not to laugh.

But I straight couldn't help myself at all when he and my H were playing a game at the table and T said something funny and C, laughing like in a "oh brother, dad... that's so funny" kind of tone said, "G*ddamn it, daddy..."  We both about died.

And at the park the other night he was dribbling a soccer ball near a fence and all of a sudden a dog stuck his nose through a hole in the fence and started barking right in his ear.  Scared him SO BAD and the look on his face as he ran toward me was pitiful, so sad, and honestly?  Hilarious.  I had such a hard time stifling my laughter.  Poor kiddo.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL yes! L is a fanatic of all electronics and has become quite the app savvy on our phones. We'll every now and then if we take the phone away he act's like his world is over. I mean full laying on the floor whining and crying. Sometimes its just funny to see such a performance for a darn phone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes! Especially at her tantrums. I really need to get one one tape to show you guys. I mean, she's so mad, but still so stinkin' cute it's hard to take her seriously.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It really is hard not to laugh at some of the tantrums.  Especially since she really just started talking so much more, some of the things she says are just sooo funny.

I'm really bad about laughing when my friends kids do something bad.  They probably want to punch me, but sometimes the things they do or say are so funny and unexpected, I can't help myself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"