Pregnant after 35
Options

Goodbye for now, hope to be back

Hey ladies.

I lost this baby-went in for an ultrasound tuesday at 9w4d and hb had stopped. Not a total suprise as both previous u/s showed a slowish hb. I already m/c yesterday (spotting actually started a few hours after the scheduled u/s, so at least no panicked run to the er this time).

After consulting my midwives' OB (they work with), I decided not to do testing on the baby, as I didn't want a d&c. We did do a blood draw for me for tsh, ana, nd a couple other things I can't spell (anti-somethign and something lupus). I'll get those results next week. But of course, at 42 it's most likely chromosonal with the baby. but if it's something with me maybe we can fix it.

I am tending towards trying again. I am aware that my odds suck, frankly. But thankfully, we do get pregnant easily still (2 cycles each time, one loss was in May and now this one, I have 5 living kids and had a m/c 22 years ago also). Physically, this is tough on my old body, the whole of it. Emotionally I'm ok-I knew my odds were not great.

This board and PGAL are so awesome and supportive (and TTAL too!). Hope to be back, and if not, best wishes to all!

Re: Goodbye for now, hope to be back

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for your recovery and happiness in your journey

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Please take care of yourself.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry about this. Sending prayers your way.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad that you are doing ok and hope to see you back soon.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.   Best of luck to you.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I am so terribly sorry... Hope that you get some answers and please take care..

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    I am very sorry to read this. But I like to see your positive attitude despite the terrible situation. I sure hope you will be back and wish you all the best for the future. Take care.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.

Many prayers for a successful pregnancy for you soon.  Your positive attitude is inspiring :-)
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.  I hope you're back here soon!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    Oh no, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is. Best wishes to you for a quick recovery so you can move forward and try again. I hope next time you will get your take home baby. Hugs.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss!  Stay positive and we'll see you back here soon.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this. Do try to stay positive. The odds are longer but far from impossible. Take care of yourself and I hope to see you back here soon.
    photo canthearyou_zpsae132d4c.jpg
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"