Single Parents

whats a good thing to say

I know this is WAY off and a long time away since my DD is only two months old, but what do you moms plans on telling your LO's when they ask you why they don't have a daddy or why he isn't around. I dread the day my daughter asks me this question, and I don't know what to say. I know it's a long time coming, but I still think about it every day. She's never even met her "sperm donor"and probably never will. (even though i have left the door open and given him ample opportunity to choose to be in her life) So, what do you plan on saying?
Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

Re: whats a good thing to say

• For me I thought of that before as well, but then you never know what happen in the future. Honestly, I don't even know what how to tell my DD about the douchebag and why he is not around, but I believe when time comes I will have an answer for her. I have a bf right now, he likes her a lot. I'm sure someone can replace the douchebag, and defiantly do better then him. Don't worry too much for now :) 
    Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • This will be a tough one and at this point I'm not sure if the SD will try getting visitation or not.  He wasn't there for his first kid so I'm hoping not.  But he comes from a long line of alcoholics and has been convicted 3-4 times for stalking and other misc. stuff.  I think I might just tell her that her real daddy has an illness that prevents him from being in her life or something.  I guess it depends on how things go down with our current battles on child support and his no contact order.  But when she gets older and is able to understand better I will tell her the whole truth.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on waiting to tell her, until she asks me about sex.  I know that sounds weird, but until that point, I'd just explain to her that "some families have a mom and a dad, some have two moms or two dads, and some have just mom or just dad. You were just born into a family with just a mom" and see how long that will keep her satisfied.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    rmajbusiness
  • I think when the time comes I think the right answer will come. Mostly I
    Plan on going with families come in all shapes and sizes.

rmajbusiness
  • Im going to do what roxie is doing and explain different family dinamics and then talk more about his bd has he asks spesifics or we have the sex talk
    rmajbusiness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"