Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Pads

I cloth diaper my little one for both environmental and economic reasons.  I am thinking of doing the same with menstrual pads, but I have no idea where to start.  Anyone have any recommendations for good brands of cloth menstrual pads and where to buy them?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pads

• Options
    Etsy is a good place to start looking but even there it is quite daunting. I know many like Homestead Emporium but I have never ordered from them. I have ordered from Pleat and was happy with my purchase.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I also have some Lunapads. They're not my favorite but not worthless either. I think you can get that brand on Amazon even. I bought mine second hand (but new, never used) so I'm not sure where originally my friend got them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses.  I have looked on etsy, but was overwhelmed with the possibilities.  I'll check out Homestead Emporium and the Lunapads.

I have considered getting a diva cup (sounds similar to the femmy cycle), but when I was using a diaphragm I kept getting urinary tract infections.  My doctor said that can be a side effect of using one and I'd hate to spend the money on a diva cup only to start getting uti's again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Pink Daisy (by swaddlebees/blueberry)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like party in my pants, they have their own website that I buy from.
  • Options
    Hi there! I just found this board but wanted to give a shout out for the DivaCup. I started using one when I was going on a month long backpacking trip and couldn't fathom packing pads & tampons (used & unused) around with me for all that time. It was a bit tricky to get used to at first (to really know when it was "sealed") but I figured that out after a few months and have not looked back since. I had cryotherapy this spring and had to use pads for awhile which just reinforced my appreciation for the DivaCup.

I hadn't even thought about cloth menstrual pads...but love the idea! Can't wait to look them up (for hopefully this summer!).
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC Since July 2013

• Options
    I have the Diva Cup and I use pads from Willow Pads (bought off of Amazon) and some homemade ones that I made from old soft cotton clothes and flannel sheets (outer part) and washcloths (inner part). I just measured out a square, pinned everything together and used a serger around the edges.

• Options
    Hi, newbie here, but I like Charlie Banana cloth pads. Cute designs, just like the diapers, and decently priced on amazon.
  • Options
    I use a Diva Cup and cloth pads and LOVE it! Some of my favorites are LunaPads, Imse Vimse, and Blossom Parties on Etsy.
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I used the diva cup as a marathoner. It was awesome
    Married July 27, 2013
    TTC 10/2013

We have 2 dogs and spend as much time outside as possible. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/48e053
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"